Budget Setup - HELP!

Dissolution

Ok so I am very new to this and this will actually be my first time ever buying or setting up a system. Anyways I need some insight as to what everything means and what I should buy. This is the setup I've been lookin at.

Kenwood KAC-8104D Amp

1 Alpine Type R 12" - 2 Ohm

Some sort of ported box

Anyways I was curious as to which sub I should buy the 2ohm version or the 4ohm? The 2 seems like it should be better for my amp right (to get the maximum wattage out of the sub) right?

Also the Kenwood amp seems to be a perfect fit for the sub sense both have an RMS output and handling of 500W. If this amp totally blows let me know. Thanks!

I'm trying my hardest to find the best setup in the $300-400 range.

The setup I just listed total would be about $349

I'm also new to this and just tryin to see whats out there as well.

Put that R in a 2.5cu ft box around30-34hz, and feed it a good 700-800RMS, and that **** will bump.

Type-R's are underrated. Mine are getting 1000RMS each and could take more.

if i were you, i would get a dual 4 ohm type R, then buy a hifonics bxi1208 from http://www.sonicelectronix.com, wire it at 1 ohm, then set your gains to give it around 800RMS

Ok so I am very new to this and this will actually be my first time ever buying or setting up a system. Anyways I need some insight as to what everything means and what I should buy. This is the setup I've been lookin at.
Kenwood KAC-8104D Amp

1 Alpine Type R 12" - 2 Ohm

Some sort of ported box

Anyways I was curious as to which sub I should buy the 2ohm version or the 4ohm? The 2 seems like it should be better for my amp right (to get the maximum wattage out of the sub) right?

Also the Kenwood amp seems to be a perfect fit for the sub sense both have an RMS output and handling of 500W. If this amp totally blows let me know. Thanks!
i'm not sure where you are getting this stuff but it sounds like best buy stuff... yeah that kenwood would work and if its the one that has the fan in it, i like those for a low-end amp... but personally i would go for an amp with just a little more headroom for that setup, something like 600-750 watts shouldn't put you out that much more money... Rockford fosgate makes some nice budget amps, i think best buy has some reasonable alpine too

If you had about $450 I can think of an awesome setup. A diamond audio d3 12" sub (onlinecarstereo.com has it for $129) and an arc audio ks 500.1 ( $300 from a friend of mine with a warranty) it'd be worth the extra money. If you did the diamond sub in a 2.0 cubic foot box ported it'll get loud and sound good. I actually heard one in that setup and was impressed.

All the stuff i've been lookin at is on sonicelectronix.

Yea that's sounnds like a reasonable thing to do is buy a better amp to give me a better range of power for the sub. Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you had about $450 I can think of an awesome setup. A diamond audio d3 12" sub (onlinecarstereo.com has it for $129) and an arc audio ks 500.1 ( $300 from a friend of mine with a warranty) it'd be worth the extra money. If you did the diamond sub in a 2.0 cubic foot box ported it'll get loud and sound good. I actually heard one in that setup and was impressed.
Dude, why are you always trying to push an Arc Audio amp on someone?

I'm likin that Hifonics BXi 1208D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
it's a little more than you need but the good thing is later, if you want more all you have to do is buy another sub, wire them in parallel and BANG your runnin 1 ohm gettin 1200 watts out of your amp 600 per sub...

it's what i would do

Edit: i f'ed up

it's a little more than you need but the good thing is later, if you want more all you have to do is buy another sub, wire them in series and BANG your runnin 1 ohm gettin 1200 watts out of your amp 600 per sub...it's what i would do
Same thing I was just thinkin

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19476. I'd do this sub. And either the arc amp or hifonics amp that was recommened. I recommend arc amps turd ( you probably were a terd baby, maning u came out of your moms ass) because they are superior to most amps, I now can say that I've actually heard them in person and I have to say I was very impressed, very clean and powerfull. And my buddy can get them at a good price so I recommend them to everyone, I just like helping people out and find good gear cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.