I hate Kenwood!!!

Fonzy
10+ year member

Canada
Usually I stay away from Kenwood, mostly cause I can trust a company that rates the max of their equipment 4 times more than the RMS but anyway. My system got stolen and I had to cover my $300 deductable so with the money that I got woth insurance I got most of my stuff back but I didnt have enough money for the same caliber deck. So, I buy a Kenwood 2019, doesnt sound to bad, has good features for the money. A month later the internal amp starts to overheat and the signal cuts in and out so I send it back to A$$wood and they return it 3 weeks later saying that they resodered the connections. The fix doesnt really sound legit but im like whatever so I take the deck and its doing the same thing!!! Now im gonna have to send it back again and not have a deck for another 3 weeks....I hate kenwood.

well thats the first thing that i've heard about kenwood that's been bad. i still say that theyre are a relyable brand and that they make quality products.

Are you sure that you don't have a Rockwood or Sherwood??? I've never had a problem with Kenwood except that their component speakers aren't worth diddly!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Hmm.. that's odd. I sell Kenwood where I work and I've never had any customers have problems. I have Kenwood eXcelon speakers in my car, and they're great... never had any problems. Well there's always one black sheep, and I guess you got stuck with it. That ***** dude... if you bought it at Best Buy we would have just given you a new one or your money back.

Originally posted by gator4thehaters Are you sure that you don't have a Rockwood or Sherwood??? I've never had a problem with Kenwood except that their component speakers aren't worth diddly!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
I know the difference between Kenwood and Sher**** alright ass.

Maybe I did get the blacksheep of the bunch but im still god **** bitter about. Ive owned a Pioneer tape deck and a Sony ES cd deck and never had problems with either and the first time I buy a Kenwood I get ****ed. I would have been happy had they actually fixed my deck when I sent it in but theyve lost my business from now on.

you take a hit at someone that askes you if you didnt mix up brands. He did this because you are making absolutely no sense because Kenwood is just rated, not over and not under.

Its a brand that has proven itself to be of good and sturdy quality and it lasts. Next to that you didnt name the amp you run on, I saw AMPS blow up RCA ports on the HU and shortwire half the car. When a HU shortwires or overloads the amps or other connected devices almost never get damage because of that.

Many many years ago I owned a marquant amp which ****** and ****** and ****** but I did the same as you, blaim my jvc HU. Atleast test your system with a other amp to check if your amp isnt just fawked.

Besides that you should recheck if you wired your system correct in total //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Originally posted by Fonzy  

I know the difference between Kenwood and Sher**** alright ass.

Maybe I did get the blacksheep of the bunch but im still god **** bitter about. Ive owned a Pioneer tape deck and a Sony ES cd deck and never had problems with either and the first time I buy a Kenwood I get ****ed. I would have been happy had they actually fixed my deck when I sent it in but theyve lost my business from now on.
You are too sensitive! I was just kidding with u in the first place!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Gator, I took your comment as a dig, my bad.

As for Beastyle, wouldnt you take offence if someone was implying that you youre clueless and think that your no name brand deck is a Kenwood? Also, if you read my first post carefully it says that the INTERNAL amp is messed. It has nothing to do with the signal generated by the RCA outputs as my subs running off my Ample amp sound just fine, and at the same time none of the other speakers are producing any sound. I think I know a little more about car audio than to just blame loss in signal on the HU. Now that ive clarified why it is the HU that is not working. I sent my deck back to Kenwood and they resoldered the connections and sent it back, if they had bothered to test it they would have realized they didnt fix it because I put the deck back in and it started cutting out even before I left the parking lot. Like I said if they had fixed it when I sent it too them, no problem but the way things stand im not planning on buying any Kenwood sh*t again.

now i know why MR.LOWRIDER thinks beastyle is a flamer, cause he can't read and he gives people shitty info, like telling one guy he can run his car amp off of a home keyboard adapter so he can listen to his amp in his house....or you could use a battery charger....you better make **** sure you know what you are doing before you give people the wrong advice....

Personally i just recieved a Kenwood kdc-316S (i believe) and this deck is terrific. While its not a top of the line pioneer, or an alpine, but it works terrific. Plays all my Cd's terrifically, and the SQ, seems to be off the hook for ths $hitty speakers I have in front. When I hook up my subs and amp to it then I'll know how awsome it is. The display is easy to read, and quite bright. My only complaint is that when I first tried to use it the faceplate wasn't well labled. (it was also 11:45 at night). I will repost on all of it after I get new speakers all the way around.

J

Originally posted by Fonzy Gator, I took your comment as a dig, my bad.

As for Beastyle, wouldnt you take offence if someone was implying that you youre clueless and think that your no name brand deck is a Kenwood? Also, if you read my first post carefully it says that the INTERNAL amp is messed. It has nothing to do with the signal generated by the RCA outputs as my subs running off my Ample amp sound just fine, and at the same time none of the other speakers are producing any sound. I think I know a little more about car audio than to just blame loss in signal on the HU. Now that ive clarified why it is the HU that is not working. I sent my deck back to Kenwood and they resoldered the connections and sent it back, if they had bothered to test it they would have realized they didnt fix it because I put the deck back in and it started cutting out even before I left the parking lot. Like I said if they had fixed it when I sent it too them, no problem but the way things stand im not planning on buying any Kenwood sh*t again.
you sure your not over loading that little internal amp. with heavy bass notes or wired to a unstable ohm rating. I have no idea how you could even be melting the soilder on the board with mids unless you driving them wrong

Im using the same speakers and I have them setup the same way it was when I was using the sony deck I had. I had that deck for a year and a half with no problems. The ba$tards that broke into my car took the deck, amps and subs but not the highs cause one pair of speakers is behind the dash and the other pair were hidden under the seats.. So everything running off the internal amp is the same. Also, even though I would have done it myself the insurance company paid the shop to install everything.

taylor:

I aint a flamer, if you call somebody that goes for RE5PEKT in all directions a flamer then hell yeah, CALL ME ONE.

Most posts I make I state that if it was me then.... or, my opinion is.. or if you ask me

Maybe you have a problem with understanding those lines but they really mean that I have an opinion, most of my posts are not a direct 100% sure solution, just thoughts.

For the rest that I cant read, I can read but you do seem to have a problem with it, take a hit at me with:

now i know why MR.LOWRIDER thinks beastyle is a flamer, cause he can't read and he gives people shitty info, like telling one guy he can run his car amp off of a home keyboard adapter so he can listen to his amp in his house....or you could use a battery charger....you better make **** sure you know what you are doing before you give people the wrong advice....

Its really funny what you post there because I never mentioned a home keyboard adapter (what the hell is it?) or a battery charger ? I really didnt mention those, I only named a 220 -> 12v adapter to give all of your car components the power they need, if I take one or twenty amps from there, it will work.

The only thing you need to get your HU + amps powered up is a decent 12v conncetions, which is supplied by the adapter I described above, if you are unable to get the **** playing then there's something wrong with you, not my solution.

(see the difference between the "If it was upto me" and the "The only thing you need..."?)

Big PS: I mostly reply on posts that describe problems that I actually had AND solved, not saying that they'r the only way, its just one way that solves something.

As for Mr Lowrider , I "flamed" at him because he was one of the people that was giving no valueable information but only disrespecting other people.

ANother PS: If more people feel that I only talk **** and have no further business on this forum then place a fawking thread and vote on it, i'll leave if it appears so

Originally posted by beastyle taylor:

I aint a flamer, if you call somebody that goes for RE5PEKT in all directions a flamer then hell yeah, CALL ME ONE.

Most posts I make I state that if it was me then.... or, my opinion is.. or if you ask me

Maybe you have a problem with understanding those lines but they really mean that I have an opinion, most of my posts are not a direct 100% sure solution, just thoughts.

For the rest that I cant read, I can read but you do seem to have a problem with it, take a hit at me with:

Its really funny what you post there because I never mentioned a home keyboard adapter (what the hell is it?) or a battery charger ? I really didnt mention those, I only named a 220 -> 12v adapter to give all of your car components the power they need, if I take one or twenty amps from there, it will work.

The only thing you need to get your HU + amps powered up is a decent 12v conncetions, which is supplied by the adapter I described above, if you are unable to get the **** playing then there's something wrong with you, not my solution.

(see the difference between the "If it was upto me" and the "The only thing you need..."?)

Big PS: I mostly reply on posts that describe problems that I actually had AND solved, not saying that they'r the only way, its just one way that solves something.

As for Mr Lowrider , I "flamed" at him because he was one of the people that was giving no valueable information but only disrespecting other people.

ANother PS: If more people feel that I only talk **** and have no further business on this forum then place a fawking thread and vote on it, i'll leave if it appears so
don't worry about it I get it all the time too.

Im now on BUSINESS day number 9 and still no deck from Kenwood even though this is the second time im sending it back. I call them, they never have a definate answer for me, they never call me back even though they say they will. What kind of $hit a$$ company did I buy my gear from??? They dont even have good customer service for gods sake! I havent had a system for 5 weeks.....again, I hate Kenwood!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.