I hate IPods

Proper organization is in the eye of the organizer. Some people are very picky while others (from my experience mostly women) could care less if the song has nothing more than a title. I personally make sure that no tags are edited, capitalization is correct, and every song has album art. Those are my biggest concerns among others. iTunes is good enough for me. I'll occasionally have to fix or add something, but that's fine with me.
X1000000000000000000 I love to have all my album ar, all my names correct, and all my favorites selected.

so...

correct me if i'm wrong... but i believe you can have all that stuff you want with a zune... art music and all that junk...

and zune recognizes all mp3 formats... itunes creates a ******** code that isnt recognized by other mp3 players.. and therefor changes the name of my songs... i cant have that... and you can put movies and "album art" on your Zune too if you wish.. personally it takes up unecisary space... i want as much music as i can have not stupid gay ass "album art".. what is that for anyway.. you listen to it.. not look at it while its playing... seriously!!! even then its an album cover its not a dancing bear in a clown outfit...

and i have movies on my HD that would have to be converted to ITunes also... and my ZUNE sees a file.. and says "hey look a movie file, i think i'll store it and play it."

and like i stated before... for some reason some of my music needs to be "converted" by itunes to play and takes up a **** ton of space on my laptop...

itunes code example... ACRK....AFJJ.... those are songs acording to my HD... but its in ITunes format and i have not a clue what song it actually is...

Zune or any other mp3 player will play a song... any song.. and not convert it or rename it....

i really hate how Apple buys company's out and tells them to recognize only there software... why cant it recognize just an mp3 player.. any player and make it usable on the HU like Ipods... huh???? thats all i'm asking...

Zune has to be the worst player ever made. It just dose not function flawlessly like a ipod. It's interface is crap not to mention there are limit's on it's features. Also who cares if you can trade a song with someone else NO ONE ELSE HAS THEM.

Zune has to be the worst player ever made. It just dose not function flawlessly like a ipod. It's interface is crap not to mention there are limit's on it's features. Also who cares if you can trade a song with someone else NO ONE ELSE HAS THEM.
everyone else has MP3's... i have a few friends that DJ and all their **** is in MP3 format and not in ICrap format.... so in this case i know alot of people that have MP3's... and no IPods amongst them...

wait.. hold up a min... interface is crap??? its an MP3 player.. pick a song and click play.. how hard is that??? i'm confused on that one....

The last time I checked, all of my songs on my iPod are in the lame mp3 format, 192 kbsp, 44.1 khz, all that good stuff, just like the Zune would use with it's mp3's. I can take my mp3 files and use them on any mp3 player I'd like to use them on. I prefer the iPod because of it's interface and usability, not to mention all the other features my Touch has.

Oh, and by the way, no one answered my question. You do have to use the Zune media player with the Zune, correct? Microsoft makes WMP, which is honestly pretty nice, and they make the Zune. There are plenty of "PlaysForSure" devices out there that will work flawlessly with WMP. Why, when they already have something good that people like, would they create a POS media player to work with only their mp3 player?

The last time I checked, all of my songs on my iPod are in the lame mp3 format, 192 kbsp, 44.1 khz, all that good stuff, just like the Zune would use with it's mp3's. I can take my mp3 files and use them on any mp3 player I'd like to use them on. I prefer the iPod because of it's interface and usability, not to mention all the other features my Touch has.
so when you buy a song on itunes you can drag it to another folder and have it named as it was on itunes... cuz its not gonna happen... you buy something from itunes your screwed unless you open the ipod using the hidden folders.. steal it from yourself and re-name it to put it on a hard drive.. sounds really user friendly...

I call monopoly...

so when you buy a song on itunes you can drag it to another folder and have it named as it was on itunes... cuz its not gonna happen... you buy something from itunes your screwed unless you open the ipod using the hidden folders.. steal it from yourself and re-name it to put it on a hard drive.. sounds really user friendly...
I call monopoly...
Whatever! I can burn a cd I bought off of Itunes for a friend and if they wanted to import it into another folder on their computer, all the info would be there. I dragged and dropped music straight out of the Itunes folder into my girl's external usb powered hard drive. Get the facts straight and stop hatin'!

i got the facts straight man... but you would have to burn a cd to move it to a another folder...

i'm not out the ITunes completely... if there's a way i can buy tunes and transfer straight to my HD i might get another IPod...

if i'm wrong i'll admit it.... but i have tried with my itunes and no such luck... i got a gift card for a b-day present years ago and i cant move the songs i bought...

p.s.

and my IPod took a poo and i need another before i ship out again... they also need to make one military grade... not a hole lot of stuff puts up with a sand box...

i got the facts straight man... but you would have to burn a cd to move it to a another folder...
i'm not out the ITunes completely... if there's a way i can buy tunes and transfer straight to my HD i might get another IPod...

if i'm wrong i'll admit it.... but i have tried with my itunes and no such luck... i got a gift card for a b-day present years ago and i cant move the songs i bought...

p.s.

and my IPod took a poo and i need another before i ship out again... they also need to make one military grade... not a hole lot of stuff puts up with a sand box...
I guess I understand? You are more complex than me when it comes to mp3's. Please excuse my hater comment? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've never had any problems with iTunes, iPods, iPod sync's, or with iPod's playing on HU's. I've dealt with Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood and that's about it.

It isn't a monopoly, nothing else is as innovative and user friendly as the iPod and that is why it has remained on top.

Despite what you think, the transferring music to friends is next to worthless. If you download songs illegally, which many people do, then it's worthless. If you buy songs you are probably not in their target market, which renders it a feature worthless to many.

I can't speak for the quality of the Zune and others, as I have only used them as prospects and never owned, but just today we found a shuffle in my driveway that we ran over with our Yukon XL and it still works. I own a 30gb iPod from Christmas of 2005 and it still works flawlessly in every aspect. I have dropped it on cement from 3-6 feet more times than I can count and have never had a cover on it.

Also, many people get frustrated because their iPod locks up or freeze's all the time. This is remedied by simply pressing menu and the center button for 5-10 seconds. Followed by 10-15 seconds of iPod restart. After having my iPod for nearly 4 years, I feel like waiting 20 seconds for it to restart occasionally is the least of my worries.

To each his own though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.