I hate IPods

The only thing I don't like about my iPod is there really aren't any adapters for anything that will charge it. I've got a second generation itouch. Other than that I absolutely love it. I use it literally all the time, even for replying to this thread.

i just think all MP3's need to be treated the same... apple has its OWN software and ******** that comes with all ipods... how about we make everything compatable with ALL MP3's??? huh?? what about that... no... just apple.. oh that *****..
OH RIGHT>>> APPLE BUYS PEOPLE to use only there shity software...

programs are simple.... you tell them what to read and hear... just take out a few pieces of code and it will do the same **** with any normal MP3... but no one does this...

program a deck to read an MP3 player!!! not just an IPod....

THATS MY POINT!!!!

i use to have ITunes but i hate having 250G of stuff on my external... then having to transfer what music i want onto I-Tunes (when i would really just like all of it on there) and taking up 120G of space on my comp for no reason when i clearly got the external for just that purpose (to not have my music on my comp)

problem solved... i'm getting an external for my ride and I-Tunes can **** a fatty!!!

that is all....

Mike

edit----

BTW you can make playlist on WMP nad they have these rad things called... what was it... oh yeah..... FILES that it reads... and i keep my folders seperate by genre and artist.... the same way a gay ass IPod would... not that hard

for the record.. just razzin you guys...

but for real...

IPod *****!!!
You can import any song into itunes. I do not know why you have so much trouble. Also try buying a song or a cd once in a while makes things so much easier. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

It was made for the ipod the software is that good that they do not want it to be used with inferior mp3 players. IPOD RULES and will continue to for a long long time.

Itunes is designed for beginners who are clueless when it comes to maintaining a media library. This describes 95% of the population that uses computers. This is why the itunes/ipod combo is so popular, not because it is genuinely "better" software.

Itunes isn't terrible, I suppose. It's simple and foolproof, but its weakness lies in its simplicity. There are far too many restrictions on file format, the quality of the playback *****, and it offers no options for customization. Not to mention it's horribly bloated.

LOL no it is made so you do not have to spend countless hours trying to locate a song and you can have it all right there in front of you ready to do whatever you want to do with it.

LOL no it is made so you do not have to spend countless hours trying to locate a song and you can have it all right there in front of you ready to do whatever you want to do with it.
I can do that in Mediamonkey and Foobar as well. But I also don't have the drawbacks that iTunes does. In fact, just about every media player in existence allows you to do this. Go and learn how to use some real media library software before you make comments like this. This whole thread is painful.

What's wrong win having a program organize everything for you? I don't know about you, but I did organize about 3000 songs at one point and I can't tell you how many hours that took.

I'm not sure if microsoft ever fixed this, but I don't believe you can use WMP on the Zune. You still have to have the crappy zune software.

What's wrong win having a program organize everything for you? I don't know about you, but I did organize about 3000 songs at one point and I can't tell you how many hours that took.
Most media libraries will organize your files exactly like iTunes does. The problem with it is that iTunes doesn't rename your files to your preferences, tag it the way you want it to be tagged, capitalize the way you want it to, and it creates folders in ways that aren't an ideal way to organize files. You still have to edit everything yourself if you want it to be perfectly organized to your preferences. But with the help of programs like ID3 Tag-it, it's much, MUCH easier. I've maintained all 15,000 songs that I have personally. And no, I don't spend countless hours doing it, either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

When I used iTunes, I always unchecked the options that said "Let iTunes organize my music for me." It's a pain in the ass if you like to have a properly organized music collection.

I can do that in Mediamonkey and Foobar as well. But I also don't have the drawbacks that iTunes does. In fact, just about every media player in existence allows you to do this. Go and learn how to use some real media library software before you make comments like this. This whole thread is painful.
NA I'll pass I enjoy itunes and everything they offer including the movies, music, tv shows, music videos, radio, podcast and all. The genius feature is sweet as well.

There's nothing wrong with using iTunes if you enjoy it. I used too use it to before I learned there were more sophisticated options out there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Proper organization is in the eye of the organizer. Some people are very picky while others (from my experience mostly women) could care less if the song has nothing more than a title. I personally make sure that no tags are edited, capitalization is correct, and every song has album art. Those are my biggest concerns among others. iTunes is good enough for me. I'll occasionally have to fix or add something, but that's fine with me.

Proper organization is in the eye of the organizer. Some people are very picky while others (from my experience mostly women) could care less if the song has nothing more than a title. I personally make sure that no tags are edited, capitalization is correct, and every song has album art. Those are my biggest concerns among others. iTunes is good enough for me. I'll occasionally have to fix or add something, but that's fine with me.
This is true. I DJ, so I need to be able to have a perfectly organized library that I can search by genre, artist, album, title, beats-per-minute, etc flawlessly. I have to be able to switch between programs and have them instantly recognize the files without any errors or discrepancies in organization style. Which is why iTunes is a terrible choice for me - it's not sophisticated enough... and its bloated. bleh. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This is true. I DJ, so I need to be able to have a perfectly organized library that I can search by genre, artist, album, title, beats-per-minute, etc flawlessly. I have to be able to switch between programs and have them instantly recognize the files without any errors or discrepancies in organization style. Which is why iTunes is a terrible choice for me - it's not sophisticated enough... and its bloated. bleh. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I could definitely understand the need for extreme organization for DJ purposes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.