I got my AMP from Amazon.com.

dthor68
10+ year member

Not to long ago I asked you guys if I could trust ordering from Amazon.com. Well I got it today. The box was way oversized and smushed all around. One side of the box was split open exposing the amp withen. The amp was sitting at the bottom of the box with packing material only on top and two sides of the amp. The box that the amp came in was slightly dented on outside. The amp indside is fine. I have not tried it yet to see if it works. My wife thinks I should ship it back. I am not sure what to do. Oh, and they did not give me any kind of invoice or reciept.

What would you all do?

Not to long ago I asked you guys if I could trust ordering from Amazon.com. Well I got it today. The box was way oversized and smushed all around. One side of the box was split open exposing the amp withen. The amp was sitting at the bottom of the box with packing material only on top and two sides of the amp. The box that the amp came in was slightly dented on outside. The amp indside is fine. I have not tried it yet to see if it works. My wife thinks I should ship it back. I am not sure what to do. Oh, and they did not give me any kind of invoice or reciept.
What would you all do?
should of taken pics of it before bringing it inside... but none the less take pics

power it up and check it out, there usually packed pretty well from the factory unless it was a bargain brand, all my amps packaging could be run over and drop kicked but the amp inside would be fine.

Amazon is extremely good about taking returns no questions asked. Try the return process through the invoice screen on your account.

I have had several items that were either DOA, damaged, or not as described/listed. I've done literally 1000's of transactions with them. They don't have any problem taking anything back.

What you described about the box and shipping damage is not all that unusual. They double box and usually use too large of a box.

cyn-We did get lots of pics.

goingdef-I am kinda thinking the same. Amps are normally pretty stout.

SplAffair-It was UPS. I order lots of stuff from B&H with UPS, never had this problem.

And, I ordered direct from Amazon LLC.

cyn-We did get lots of pics.goingdef-I am kinda thinking the same. Amps are normally pretty stout.

SplAffair-It was UPS. I order lots of stuff from B&H with UPS, never had this problem.

And, I ordered direct from Amazon LLC.
The amp it's self doesn't show any signs of impact does it? also give it a shake and see if anything inside is rattling around if not hook it up to power and make sure it at least powers up all you need are 3 pieces of wire and to pop your hood.

The amp it's self doesn't show any signs of impact does it? also give it a shake and see if anything inside is rattling around if not hook it up to power and make sure it at least powers up all you need are 3 pieces of wire and to pop your hood.
That doesn't sound like a good idea to me lol.

"Billy, I need 3 pieces of wood, a soldering iron, 3 razor blades and moisturizer. I'll get this amp running reeeeel nice!"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dthor68

10+ year member
dthor68
Greenville SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from