I Fried My Deck I Think!!! Dam*!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

95Prober
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
hi guys

i have a pioneer deck and an external pioneer eq. its the eq-7000 an old digital display model. i had them connected together and today when i was tryin out the system, the eq screen flashed a couple times, then no display and smoke was coming out like crazy from the deck i think. im almost sure its the outputs. the deck turns on and everything. i can change the settings, but no sound. do you think thats what it is?

also

the little round-type 2A fuse blew in the orange wire from the eq. i put a new one in hoping thats why the screen went out. yet, when i put a new one in, it glowed bright orange and blew as well why would this happen???

im so frustrated right now:furious:

Sounds like the internal amp on the deck fried. Which would lead me to believe that you crossed some wires. Which would also explain the EQ frying.
ah.. so you think it may be the internal amp? but i have no speakers connected to my deck. all my speakers are connected to amps THEN the amps are connected to my head unit/eq

could it still have beent he internal amp?

this is the weirdest day yet!

i just got back from outside with my brother.

we both have the same deck. see i fried something, internal amp or outputs... BUT the deck STILL turns on, buttons function normally only no sound. so assuming it was burnt ouputs that were connected with rca's to my amp, i figured i could just simply slip my brothers deck in place of mine, then all should be fine. WRONG!! like mine did, his starting getting zapped and some sparks were coming from INSIDE the deck, not in the wiring harnesses etc. see, we thought there might be a short, or open wires or chaffed wires making my own deck burn something out. but we triple checked everything. then after plugging his in and turning the key over, everything is normal. BUT after pressing the deck's power button, it starts making zapping noises inside, so we disconnected it within a split second.

has anyone ever heard of such a bizarre story?? we eliminated everything we could think of. no luck is there something that could be doing this that someone here experienced??

i need help!!!

this is the weirdest day yet!
i just got back from outside with my brother.

we both have the same deck. see i fried something, internal amp or outputs... BUT the deck STILL turns on, buttons function normally only no sound. so assuming it was burnt ouputs that were connected with rca's to my amp, i figured i could just simply slip my brothers deck in place of mine, then all should be fine. WRONG!! like mine did, his starting getting zapped and some sparks were coming from INSIDE the deck, not in the wiring harnesses etc. see, we thought there might be a short, or open wires or chaffed wires making my own deck burn something out. but we triple checked everything. then after plugging his in and turning the key over, everything is normal. BUT after pressing the deck's power button, it starts making zapping noises inside, so we disconnected it within a split second.

has anyone ever heard of such a bizarre story?? we eliminated everything we could think of. no luck is there something that could be doing this that someone here experienced??

i need help!!!
does anyone have any thoughts?? im in dires straits right now

OK, if you fried two head units, connected to same wires in your car, then you have some wires crossed somewhere.

Which is what I said in the beginning.

You'd have to be an idiot to hook up another deck without checking the wiring first.

Which is what I said in the beginning.
You'd have to be an idiot to hook up another deck without checking the wiring first.
well, thats not the case so i dont know what you mean.

i didnt blow 2 decks back to back. the eq and deck were already wired together and worked fine for 5 days, then suddenly then both went out. i only TESTED my brothers in my car. his deck is fine

here is the weirdest thing.

when the car is on, engine running, it plays perfectly

BUT

when the car is off and in ACC position, the deck inside starts sparking and zapping eventually leading to smoke i assume

would it be my ACC wire?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.