I dont get it?

BassBoomer
10+ year member

Pakelika
Warren,OR
only at best buy will u find help like this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i was in there the other day cuz me and my mom( im only 15) were in there getting some stuff for the home stereo. and after we got what we needed she wanted to go look at some computer stuff so i headed over to the car audio section (, very limited,) and i was looking at subs, tons of rockford, and someone comes in and asked if i needed any help. and ive never heard a 15" sub before so i asked the guy if he had and any 15" ones that i could hear and he said " do you know much about car audio?" and i said yeah i know quit a bit,( by the way i learned it all from here thanks guys:D ) , anyways so then he said " well then you would know that if you have to go bigger than 12's you arent doing it right because anything bigger will sound sloppy and not accuret." the convo. went on for a little while longer but its just your basic ******** stuff.

but anyways i just wanted to let u guys know what kinda help u get at best buy:( , and maybe hear your thoughts on this

Go back in and ask about BL compression and transient response and see what he has to say //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

It's fun to screw around with the Best Buy and Circuit City 'pro's' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by snova031 Go back in and ask about BL compression and transient response and see what he has to say //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

It's fun to screw around with the Best Buy and Circuit City 'pro's' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
sorry but i wouldnt have much to say about those either:( but once i learn i will be sure to do that next time:D

I remember when I was about 18 or so and I applied for an installer position at American. I took this test that seemd to have not a whole lot about car audio; it had Q's like 'what size of socket does a GM dash take' and 'what is the best way to take apart some dash thing'. It seemed like they were more interested in the time it took you to do an install rather than your actual knowlege of it. Later on, after the test, I took a walked into their install bay. The manager was telling me about how impressed he was w/ a certian installer that just finished this custom plexi enclosure for a montecarlo. It had 3 12" kickers and kicker amps. (not sure of the models) That had to be one of the worst sounding enclosures I have ever heard! But hey, I bet the guy only took like 8hrs. to do the install.

Not too long ago I call Best Buy and asked them about an enclosure for my buddy's '03 Dodge quad cab. I wanted to put a 12" but didn't know exactly how to fit it under the back seats. He said that BB said they could make one that would fit for him. So I called to see how they did it. When I asked the guy, he said that he will use 1/2" plywood and the thing would be about 1.5cu'. I told him that the sub would work in a 1.5cu' box, that is after port and sub displacement, are you counting this? He was silent for awhile and said no. So I asked him why do you use plywood and not MDF and fiberglass. He said that's just what they use. BTW he wanted $250 for this thing and this was the manager of the instll bay....nice.

so where could i look up this BL compression and transient response and learn a lot about it so i have some back up for the next time i go there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Here's a great site that could keep you occupied for a longgggggggg time http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/caraudio.htm

Enjoy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Beat me to it, I'm slow today...

There is a store by my house called HiFi Buys, which is SUPPOSED to be better than Best Buy & Circuit City, but it's really just more expensive. So I'm in there looking around at subs one day and this ******* salesman comes up and asks if I need help, I said no thanks though. He just stood there and watched me look around and a couple minutes later I was like "Don't worry, I'm not gonna take anything" and he said "I know that's why I'm standing here". So now I'm pissed off and he says "What subs are you looking for, b/c you either need to go for spl or sq. You need one of the other. Do you know what that is?" I said yes and I'm going to order subs off the internet for less money than these and I WILL have both spl & sq. Then I basically walked out and uddered some bad words.

lol wanna hear a good story i was at international stereo in edmonton, after a bass competition and was all pissed off with my amps performance. I was looking at what they got (ofcourse id never buy from them tho with their ridiculous pricing). After being bum rushed by salesman. I talked to this one guy he was trying ot be all buddy buddy telling me not to tell his supervisor but type r subs are crap. Saying that he has two sony kickers and they put out better sound quality. HE THAN said dont get me wrong type rs arent that bad if your looking at a sub thats all bass and no sound quality. IF keeping a straight face wasnt hard enough already. He was than tried to get me to buy two pheonix gold tantrum 12s for like 1200 for a pair. My buddy used to work there so we where pretty much doing this for fun we could tell he was new. We waited til he was done bullshitting us, and my buddy was like btw. I used to work there and I know what bottom sale price on those subs are and its only half of what you are saying. Oh also i know your supervisor and im gonna talk to him about your ideas on alpine subs lol . GET THIS the guy offered to pay my buddy 20 bux just to leave the store hahaha. The fool just thinks that we came in with nice clothing that we where rich sobs whod pay whatever price he could make up. Yes shipping is horrible over the net but its still WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better than shopping at any commision store like international.

Originally posted by DrG lol wanna hear a good story i was at international stereo in edmonton, after a bass competition and was all pissed off with my amps performance. I was looking at what they got (ofcourse id never buy from them tho with their ridiculous pricing). After being bum rushed by salesman. I talked to this one guy he was trying ot be all buddy buddy telling me not to tell his supervisor but type r subs are crap. Saying that he has two sony kickers and they put out better sound quality. HE THAN said dont get me wrong type rs arent that bad if your looking at a sub thats all bass and no sound quality. IF keeping a straight face wasnt hard enough already. He was than tried to get me to buy two pheonix gold tantrum 12s for like 1200 for a pair. My buddy used to work there so we where pretty much doing this for fun we could tell he was new. We waited til he was done bullshitting us, and my buddy was like btw. I used to work there and I know what bottom sale price on those subs are and its only half of what you are saying. Oh also i know your supervisor and im gonna talk to him about your ideas on alpine subs lol . GET THIS the guy offered to pay my buddy 20 bux just to leave the store hahaha. The fool just thinks that we came in with nice clothing that we where rich sobs whod pay whatever price he could make up. Yes shipping is horrible over the net but its still WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better than shopping at any commision store like international.
Yo man i live in edmonton too i got a good deal at J&B's from herb in the westend on a 15" rockford he2 3215 i got it for 240 canadian to get it from ebay woulda cost like 150 us shipped plus duties at the door but you gotta bargin plus he wanted to get rid of last years model but i offered 240 cash and he took it... i told him i could get it off ebay for same price and to take it or leave it and he took it...

i plan on checkin him out soon cause i need a new amp... and i got my alpine cda 7893 for 200 cash at a pawnshop LOL :p

like i said my buddy worked there i got cost i paid 300 bux for an alpine head unit cda-9807. Paid like 700 bux a year ago for two alpine type rs plus a box all at cost (which i regret). So ya you can get some good deals but only other sub id buy around here is two type r 15s in a sealed box other than that i want a brahma tumult 15 and i wanna ditch these type rs.

i recently visited my local CC becuz my buddy wanted to check out one of the sony packages...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif anyways the guy was feeding me info on the MTX roadgear series or something with road in it, and i asked him if he's ever heard of ed, adire, or re.... no, and if you bought it off the internet, it's probably trash...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BassBoomer

10+ year member
Pakelika
BassBoomer
Warren,OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date