I do not know what amp and subwoofer to get!

imbored408
10+ year member

I have a stock 1995 240sx SE and it has terrible sound so I decided to make it not be garbage.

Head Unit

Kenwood-eXcelon-KDC-X695

Front and Rear speakers

Polk-Audio-db6501

Amp for speakers

Kenwood-eXcelon-X600F

I do not know what amp to get to make the best out of what I have within a budget.

I would like to spend up to 500 for the sub and amp but cheaper would be fine with me.

I am most likely going to hold off the sub and amp and just go subless for a while but I would still like to know what is a decent budget subwoofer.

Also what materials do I need to have an audio shop install this for me? Do they provide all the speaker wire and whatever else they will be needing?

How much do you think it would cost an audio shop to install all of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
audiopipe ap1500.1- $148 shipped from VMI

audiopipe ap1800.1- $194 shipped from VMI

audiopipe TXXBE15" - 2000W 149 shipped from VMI

Budget Bangin....

I would start off with a 4channel, use the front 2 channels to power some door speakers and bridge the back channel for a sub.

Don't get the Audiopipe TXX series because they have a fatal design flaw that will kill the woofer overtime. Those goofy surrounds with the cutouts for the mounting hardware creates stress issues in the surround and they tear.

Also dont get Kenwood amps, the only good car audio product they make are headunits.

and this:

dont pay for a shop to hook it up they charge way too much and imo if you cant learn to wire your sh*t you dont deserve to have it. you can read on here and find out anything you need to know

Since I have read that it isn't necessary to have component speakers in the back I changed them.

Front - Polk-Audio-db6501 100 RMS

Rear - Polk Audio db651s 6-55

So I use an amp to power the front speakers and the head unit (22 RMS) to power the rear?

Ok, so I will need an amp to power the front speakers and a sub. I am looking for a 10 or 12 inch component sub and plan on making my own box since that is what most people are telling me to do for better sound.

Would these two options be my best route?

2 channel amp for front

1 channel amp for sub

Head unit for rear

or

3 channel amp for front and sub

Head unit for rear

Can you tell me some good quality budget amps for this?

Hopefully the amp(s) and sub will be 500 or less.

you can use a 4 channel for all the speakers ,will prolly sound better ,but you really wont hear a difference in the frt seats.also are you wanting 12s or 10s? if you wanna go with 10s i have an amp and the woofers and i live just a little south from you in monterey

not really you can but you can turn the gain down on the rear so that the signal is lower and adjust the freq so that very little bass gets to the rear speakers,thats what i did in my truck and i've been running the same cheap azz kenwood 4x10s for over 6 years now.but they give just enough sound ti fill in the back pretty well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.