Participant count
  • Participant list

kyball
10+ year member

Basicly, i have 94 ford explore

system specs:

pioneer HU (4300 series i think)

audiobahn 20 band eq\ line driver\ X over

pyramid 75X4 @4ohms ( i think, it says it's 1000 watts but thats peak)

boston acoustic 2 way component set ( FS80 series)

sony Xplod amp (180X2 @ 2ohms)

two alpine Type R 12" subs

RF 1Farad cap

My inqury is that i have a really bad noise problem with my car. Every since installed the EQ there is an audiable his noise at low volumes, and when ever i turn off my HU there is a nasty little spike that goes through my interior speakers. I've replaced the RCA cables running from the EQ(its in the front, on the transmission case) to the amps. They're monster Cables "top of the line" rca cables, you know the ones you could use to tow your car if you ever break down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif . I'm not sure what it is thats causing the noise, so far i've found out nothing. I know that when i turn the eq off the spike goes away the noise level is greatly reduced, but i figured since the eq is also a line driver it's going to boost that noise level up considerably. I've also tried lowering the gain on the amp but that made no difference. i've changed ground sources. i've rerouted a lot of the main wiring, both power and signal so that they don't cross or run parallel. I'm interested in learning more about this problem. if you can help i would apreciate a lot. Also, i was wondering if there were any good CDs out there that i could buy, that would help me tune my system ( with 20 band per channel it gets to be time consuming and tideous work).

You said it urself right there man. Your EQ/line driver is causing this problem. Take it in and have it serviced, man. Otherwise i really don't know.

J

First : the spike ocurring when turnning off the system... This kind of nasty thing usually ocurrs when installing an eq, or DSP, or other kind of processors. What you should do is to delay the turnning off of the eq, in relation with the turnning off of the H.U.... This can be acomplished with a RC network propperly connected to a relay switching the remote turn on of the eq. I can´t include a diagram here, but you can go to some competent car audio store and they can do it for you.

Second : About the hiss noise, all prossesors and ar eqs add some noise to the audio signal, unless they are of the digital type, and are optically linked to the H.U. (no RCA wires)... so i guess you´ll have to live with that noise...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.