Human Reign amps discontinued?

emilimo701
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am seeing them sold out and/or labeled as discontinued on some web sites. On Sonic and OnlineCarStereo the 4-channel has been marked down to $499. They stopping production and coming out with a newer model? Should I jump on that $499 price? I have been eying the 2-channel version though

You should definitely jump on these amps, and yes they are not going to make them anymore, not enough people were buying them. It's very sad, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

You should definitely jump on these amps, and yes they are not going to make them anymore, not enough people were buying them. It's very sad, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Not a surprise that they didn't sell for the list price of $1,400.

People don't associate Soundstream with high end gear anymore. Therefore, very few people are willing to spend high end prices for the amps. No big surprise.

Soundstream is more generic than they were before, I did get to use one of their earlier models of flipout DVD headunit($280) and it was so-so and the disc was slow to load. They're much better now IMO but I haven't used any of their new stuff.

Headunits - meh

amps - do rated

subs - well i run them and //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

wire (yeah they make wire now... or badge some anyway) - too high for what you get

mids- well i also have 4 10" Pro mids so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'm a fan... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

hmmnn, why am i only finding the 4-channel on sale? I'm more interested in the two channel for the extra powah for future frontstage

Those Human Reign amps have awesome specs! I would use one for 2-way active in a heartbeat if I had an extra $500 to spend. That's a killer deal IMHO.

# Frequency response: 10-40,000 Hz

# THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 0.005%

# Signal-to-noise ratio: 105dB

I have 4 of them on the way, two HRU.4's and two HRU.2's...
wow...

even though these are new HR amps they are the same board internally as the original Human Reign which had the Han Solo looking casting for the heatsink.

the amp is a bad *** amp although large and weighs 30lbs.

I forgot why the 2 channel is harder to find but it does put out some serious power. these are probably the last of the expensive stuff you will ever see.

I am sure someone with the money is going to buy these up and try to flip them on ebay later.

It's really more of a market thing , mainstream company's find it very hard to sell high end amplifiers because the market for them is bare, most of these company's have a very high overhead which makes it difficult for them to justify them in the first place , brick and mortar stores being the main target market for these amplifiers ( not very easy to sell $1400 low power SQ amplifiers online ) and these markets are shrinking at a high rate because of the economy and online discounters demand for a cheaper product.

You are going to see more of this type thing from your larger mainstream companys in the near future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.