Hum in second 4 channel RCA input only on multiple amp system

Participant count
  • Participant list

CJRananto

I have a problem and cannot find a good answer/way on how to fix it. I am running an Alpine CDE-W265BT HU, 4 channel amp to two pairs of Polk component speakers, one channel amp to Polk 12"sub. Both amps are being fed from HU through RCAs and right side of vehicle. Amp power cords are on left side of vehicle. 4 channel is under front right seat and is grounded to sanded floorboard anchored by seat bolt. One channel is mounted in back of van is grounded to sanded to rear seat anchor. HU is grounded to firewall with 16 gauge copper wire. I do have steering wheel adapter installed but I took it out and there was no difference. Vehicle is a 2009 sienna.

Problem: I only get hum in speakers of second RCAs after I plug them in to 4 way amp (when car is running). If I plug in front RCAs in first, I get the hum in the rear speakers. I plug the rear RCAs first, I get the hum in the front speakers. I am using 8 gauge good quality wire for grounding/power which manufacturer calls for when installing.

Very frustrated and I am pretty sure it's a ground issue but do not know how to solve it. Suggestions were to ground both amps to battery or motor. I thought grounding wires should be short as possible. Help please!

have you tried plugging only one amp in at a time? i.e. plug all your 4 channel RCAs in and unplug your sub amp RCAs or vice versa.

i would also check your headunit ground to ensure it's tight and sanded clean if you haven't already.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.