Huge Spl

Participant count
  • Participant list

vxcoupe_300
10+ year member

just wondering.....im getting a 1986 nissan exa coupe/sedan and planning a huge spl sound system. my choices are 4 jl audio 10s, 2 jl audio 12s or 2 jl audio 15s. as i have a clarion 4x150watt rms amp, bridged to 2x300watt rms, which setup of subs would be the best for loud spl (box built to however it will be loudest)

In my personal experience, JL Audio and SPL don't belong in the same sentence (well, the W7, but there's certainly better stuff out there for half a grand)

With 600, "huge SPL" is going to be **** near impossible. My suggestion would be a single duel voice coil SPL sub (12" or 15") and just run one channel to each coil. One massive SPL sub will put out more than two smaller subs in the right enclosure, and rather than spending 300 for a pair of middle-of-the-line JL's, you can have a pretty mean-a$$ SPL sub for the same price. Have a look at DD's 3512, the Adaire Brahma 10, the RE XXX 10, and (gotta throw a 'bahn in here) the Audiobahn 1208Q.......all three will bump hard on 600w RMS

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.