HU EQ good enough?

I have an audiocontrol dqxs, its very nice, both graphic and parametric, includes built in crossovers and you can store around eight different settings into memory. Its a terrific EQ/Crossover but truth be known, you could tweak the **** thing all day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've seen the audiocontrol stuff; it's awesome, but a little too expensive right now. What is the best bang for the buck option I could use here?

Small EQ panel under the HU?

Seperate trunk EQ?

Amp/EQ combo?

Luke

I got a used but in very good condition Phoenix Gold Titanium 2/3 octave equalizer for about 80 bucks. It has both left and right equalization but i have yet to get a RTA to fine tune it. The sliders on it are better than other equalizers I have seen.

I'd say its totally dependent on the interior of your vehicle. If your vehicle allows you to get a smooth response with just your deck's 7 band eq then it is enough and you won't need anymore than that. An EQ should only be used if you need one. Adding one when you don't need it is just asking for trouble. Not to mention more potential for noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.