HU choices Premier vs. Excelon

Max_Power
10+ year member

^ From a Hairdryer ^
Toledo, Ohio
I know there is a HU section, but I never get the answers I'm looking for.

so there! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Back to the question...

If it was your money, what would you do.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17693_Pioneer+Premier+DEH-P510UB.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11763_Kenwood+eXcelon+KDC-X792.html

I've never owned either a Pioneer or a Kenwood. I have been scared away from Pioneer ever since I found out about their RCA grounding issues. I don't know how man people have been effected by it, but it sounds like a pain to me. The pioneer has some nice features, but it costs more.

The kenwood seems nice, but again, I've never had one either.

Any comments of either brand or model would be appreciated. thanks a lot

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE my poineer. Absolute best deck Ive ever had and I WILL NOT upgrade it until I am forced to by someone stealing it.

Sure some have a rca ground issue, but thats solved by $1 in wire and grounding the rcas to the HU chassis, takes 2 min. Dont let that sway your choice

The premier decks are unreal, in networking mode, the tuning options are INCREDIBLE

^^trust me..the newer one looks alot better in person. It also has a **** load of colors to choose from so you can match your other interior lighting if you want. The only downfall to the unit is the display is hard to read in direct sun if you don't have tinted windows.

I'm definitely a fan of Pioneer, but for what you're looking at, the Kenwood X693 will give you more tuning features. For price vs. features, I'd say X693 over the 510UB and the X792. I honestly don't see any real differences between the X792 and the X693.

EDIT: My GF has the X693 and the glare issue is no worse than any other HU I've ever owned when in direct sunlight. The color options are great if you want to match it to your car, or like my GF, your mood.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.