HPF and LFF settings

the sub will cut out at 80

and the speakers wont play anything below 80

thats how i have mine set right now & thats what eggy is sayin

If you have amps on mids and highs, leave them off, let the amp do the x'over. No amps x'over at 120 for mids and highs let the sub amp x'over at about 80 for the average system. Every vehicle will sound different, everyone listening to their car will want and expect different sounds. so 80 lp and 120 for hp is like the standard for most people.

80 and 80 or 100 and 100 are decent 'set it and forget' rules of thumb. Realistically it depends on the drivers. Some front speaker systems are better off cut off at 100 or 120 HZ. Some front stages can go as low as 60 HZ give or take. I have my HPF at 70 and LPF at 70 as I find I can localize the sub if it's higher and my HSK 6.5s can do well that low even without deadened doors.

For best results turn the front HPF lower at your max normal playing volume until they aren't clean and then back off. Then do the sub based on that, either matching them with a steep rolloff or leaving a slight gap with a more gradual one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.