Alpine Slidebar

Sweet'n Low
10+ year member

Harshaw
"All the alpine decks released with the white slide bar were not good. ask any alpine dealer, and they will tell you straight up that alpine made a big mistake with those decks."

Greg676

Youtube.com

Now I'd hate for that to be true because quite frankly, I think the idea seems amazing but if so, I'll have to move on but I wanted to at least double check the subject. Does Greg really know what he's talking about...?

I had a 9853 that stopped opening up but it was replaced under warranty. Alpine fixed that problem about midway through 2005. I've got a 9855 that I've been using since late 2005 in 2 different vehicles and I've had absolutely no problems with it. It's an awesome HU. I'd say that guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Oh, the GlideTouch definitely takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's awesome. The menus are a lot easier to navigate than the models that don't have it. Also, Alpine has the 9965 which is pretty rare, but it's one of the best HUs they've made other than the obvious F1 stuff. It's got the GlideTouch.

Oh, the GlideTouch definitely takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's awesome. The menus are a lot easier to navigate than the models that don't have it. Also, Alpine has the 9965 which is pretty rare, but it's one of the best HUs they've made other than the obvious F1 stuff. It's got the GlideTouch.

Theres a new 9965 for sale on ebay in case someone is interested.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-DVA-9965-MP3-DVD-MULTIMEDIA-CAR-RECEIVER-DVA9965_W0QQitemZ200378953510QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers?hash=item2ea7842f26&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

i had a pair of the 9855's but only had them for a day. the glide touched p!ssed me off so i took them back lol. Looking back at it, i wish i kept them though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

That 9815 isn't bad either though. It's real similar to the 9855 but a couple of years older and I believe it's got the V-Drive Hybrid amp. Correct?

EDIT: and no bio light display

The Slidebar controls are cool and for the average joe who doesnt like to learn this is not the deck for you.

I had the top of the line Eclipse Touch face Tape deck back in 97 it was hard hell to get used to but once you figure it out its cake.

I picked up a 9857 for cheap great deck!

I'm really into my Ipod, I almost got one of these, but I heard the Ipod response is Real Real slow. Besides that, they look like Awesome decks.

I'm really into my Ipod, I almost got one of these, but I heard the Ipod response is Real Real slow. Besides that, they look like Awesome decks.
I had my iPod hooked up with the KCA-420i to the 9855. It was slow. I have a dock connector that will let me control the iPod by hand instead of through the HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.