how's everyone getting straight cuts??

get a template of a circle. once you do that you have to cut 5 1/2 sidewalls for the box. then you have to have a bottom plate that has to be 3/4" thick. if you know anything about cutting wood then you are alright. but if anymore i'll be doin the work for you.

I used a table saw...but I also used a circular saw for a couple of my cuts. My dad has this tool that has string covered in chalk that you pull and it hits the wood and makes a line, and I Just follow that.

20041220fu1802539co.th.jpg

top board you will see that the speaker sits into you have to get a template of a circle. once you do that you have to cut 5 1/2 sidewalls for the box. then you have to have a bottom plate that has to be 3/4" thick. if you know anything about cutting wood then you are alright. but if anymore i'll be doin the work for you.
Hahaha, wow. Best post ever. Makes no sense at all. =)

That last pic sums it up nicely. I use a piece of scrap MDF with a factory cut egde. Works great for a straight line, but I have nothing to make sure it´s a right angle. It makes for some slightly slanty boxes. =p

i used to mess around with a circular saw, then a jigsaw...

finally i decided that the table saw was the answer...

for around 150 i got one at home depot that works like a charm...

cant go wrong with the table saw if you like building boxes...

Hahaha, wow. Best post ever. Makes no sense at all. =)That last pic sums it up nicely. I use a piece of scrap MDF with a factory cut egde. Works great for a straight line, but I have nothing to make sure it´s a right angle. It makes for some slightly slanty boxes. =p
it was late so **** off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

saywhat?

5,000+ posts
satx120, jealous?
saywhat?
H'Burg Mississippi!
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date