how's everyone getting straight cuts??

table saw=money which i dont have. just gave Mike over at SS all of that stuff.......yah, my fence is clamped.....maybe i got a shitty eye, but even when the edge is flush and all it dont come out straight.

Money tight, then buy a better blade,(alot cheapr than a tablesaw) a tablesaw would do the trick, but if you had a nice blade(carbide tipped--at least 30 teeth), it would make a big difference.

I used a 10+ year old circ saw with the proper blade of course and a piece of aluminum channel as my guide, I dont think you could get a straighter cut.

Try practice and go slower or maybe a friend and I haven’t seen many perfectly square T-squares. I don't know a better blade will help if he is that bad. Because it would cut faster and easier so any side-to-side movement at all would be increased. All else fails cut it a little long like 1/16 and use a good wood file. Last time I bought a good carbide tip blade I think it was $60 a little pricy.

Try practice and go slower or maybe a friend and I haven’t seen many perfectly square T-squares. I don't know a better blade will help if he is that bad. Because it would cut faster and easier so any side-to-side movement at all would be increased. All else fails cut it a little long like 1/16 and use a good wood file. Last time I bought a good carbide tip blade I think it was $60 a little pricy.

You can buy decent blades for 15 bucks or so. And if you come down to using a wood file, make **** sure your file is perpindicular to your wood, or your gonna end up in worse shape then you started.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

saywhat?

5,000+ posts
satx120, jealous?
saywhat?
H'Burg Mississippi!
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date