How you configure your 4-ch amps and mono sub amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sj2000
10+ year member

Colorado
Hi, I just finished installing 2 amps, Rockford fosgate P4004(4 ch) and Alpine MRP-M1000(sub amp), has anyone ever used the same amps, how you configure yours? I mean like in RF there are Gain Control, Bass EQ (0 - +18 DB), Crossover(High Pass, All Pass, Low Pass) for front and rear speakers, and Alpine amp has Gain, Bass EQ and LP Filter. could you share? thanks.

It kinda depends on the deck you have. If you have a good HU, you can control what goes where form there. For the 4 channel, you don't want to put too much of the low frequency into it since you have a sub for that. I have a RF 4 channel amp that is a step up, but it has the same features. I have it on all pass, but I control it from my HU's 16 band EQ and have the gain set on 3/4. THen you feed all your low freqs to the sub.

I have only factory head unit, it does not have eq and I use PacAudio C2A-CHY that will allow me to add aftermarket amplifier without taking out factory amp. I read somewhere and the person used High pass for front and rear also. What frequency you set for your amp?

turn 4channel to hi-pass filter and set around 80Hz. no bass boost or eq needed for either amp. turn monoblock lowpass filter on and sest to 80Hz as well. Then you just adjust gain

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.