How would you wire me

Well there is a difference between auto batteries and audio batteries as far as how it discharges all its amperage. Auto batteries tend to start out with heavier amperage near the top of the charge and taper off faster where audio batteries tend to be alot more constant all the way through the discharge cycle. However I think those will be alot better than what you have. any way to get three batts in there ? lol probably not huh ?
No room for a third battery for sure. I'm going to have to do some modifications to the seat just to get the group 31s in there.. so here's my situation. I'm willing to spend 500 bucks to up my battery banks.. 250 now.. 250 within the next month or two. What's my best bet.

Option 1... buy a group 31 car "audio" battery for 250 now.. and the other in a month or two

Option 2... buy two group 31 car batteries now. For 250. Get them hooked up. And a bank of caps for 250 in a month or two?

Will the bank of caps help with the voltage drops right

[quote name='My63bug']8

No room for a third battery for sure. I'm going to have to do some modifications to the seat just to get the group 31s in there.. so here's my situation. I'm willing to spend 500 bucks to up my battery banks.. 250 now.. 250 within the next month or two. What's my best bet.
Option 1... buy a group 31 car "audio" battery for 250 now.. and the other in a month or two

Option 2... buy two group 31 car batteries now. For 250. Get them hooked up. And a bank of caps for 250 in a month or two?

Will the bank of caps help with the voltage drops right[/QUOTE]

Option 3 Limitless Lithium - Sky High Car Audio 22 ah lithim would do the work of to audio batterys and smaller and way lighter weight and your smaller alts would be goodfor charging as it seems they dont really need big amp alts to recharge. But you need to call and talk to themand see if thats a good option as a only battery in your car. Everything I have read says it is but dont know it for a fact. Maybe @kr15 or others using them will chime in ? I am going to dump my AGMs for lithium soon because they just perform so much better and are so much lighter and smaller. Audio AGMs weigh close to 90 lbs each ! Now If you dont want to go that route I think I would try option 2 just to see how well they would do for cheaper $$ and your right you always add caps.

[quote name='ChaseinBass']Option 3 Limitless Lithium - Sky High Car Audio 22 ah lithim would do the work of to audio batterys and smaller and way lighter weight and your smaller alts would be goodfor charging as it seems they dont really need big amp alts to recharge. But you need to call and talk to themand see if thats a good option as a only battery in your car. Everything I have read says it is but dont know it for a fact. Maybe @kr15 or others using them will chime in ? I am going to dump my AGMs for lithium soon because they just perform so much better and are so much lighter and smaller. Audio AGMs weigh close to 90 lbs each ! Now If you dont want to go that route I think I would try option 2 just to see how well they would do for cheaper $$ and your right you always add caps.[/QUOTE]

if I'm trying to stay in a $500 budget. Don't lithium batteries twice that much

if I'm trying to stay in a $500 budget. Don't lithium batteries twice that much
$678 for 22 ah on sale now and will do layaways too ! A little more than opt 2 and a little less than option 1 if you add caps to that ? I am thinking about getting the 60 or 80 ah !

$678 for 22 ah on sale now and will do layaways too ! A little more than opt 2 and a little less than option 1 if you add caps to that ? I am thinking about getting the 60 or 80 ah !
In option 1 im getting "2" deka 31 for $250 (for the pair). And a bank of caps for $250

So $500 total

[quote name='My63bug']8

Will the bank of caps help with the voltage drops right[/QUOTE]

Huh ? opt 2 is $ 500-250 for two car batts and 250 for caps so a little less than $ 678 lithium but also less in capacity

opt 1 is $250 x 2 audio batteries and $ 250 for caps if needed is $750 so a little more ? So basically best case senerio $ 500.00 either way vs 678 for lithium 178 dollars more for a lot better performance over all. And actually we have a vender @SounDrive SounDriveaudio.com same price. Maybe talk to him.

[quote name='ChaseinBass']Huh ? opt 2 is $ 500-250 for two car batts and 250 for caps so a little less than $ 678 lithium but also less in capacity

opt 1 is $250 x 2 audio batteries and $ 250 for caps if needed is $750 so a little more ? So basically best case senerio $ 500.00 either way vs 678 for lithium 178 dollars more for a lot better performance over all. And actually we have a vender @SounDrive SounDriveaudio.com same price. Maybe talk to him.[/QUOTE]

I can get the 2 dekas for 250 total

[quote name='ChaseinBass']Huh ? opt 2 is $ 500-250 for two car batts and 250 for caps so a little less than $ 678 lithium but also less in capacity

opt 1 is $250 x 2 audio batteries and $ 250 for caps if needed is $750 so a little more ? So basically best case senerio $ 500.00 either way vs 678 for lithium 178 dollars more for a lot better performance over all. And actually we have a vender @SounDrive SounDriveaudio.com same price. Maybe talk to him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah lithium is sounding better. The one lithium battery is half the size of just one of the Deka or Juicebox. I like that a lot.. go hard or go home right LOL I've already dumped a bajillion dollars on this stereo **** for the bug. Might as well give it the best clean steady power i can, so I don't burn nothing up..

Yeah lithium is sounding better. The one lithium battery is half the size of just one of the Deka or Juicebox. I like that a lot.. go hard or go home right LOL I've already dumped a bajillion dollars on this stereo **** for the bug. Might as well give it the best clean steady power i can, so I don't burn nothing up..
Well If the juice box batts are 250 each now I couldnt do that when lithium is only 175 more and I know it will out preform the juice boxes and I know the juice boxes will out preform the dekas and I would imagine that you will still need caps with the dekas maybe two banks but thats hard to say. I think its the way to go. I hear you about spending a lot on stereo ! I used to think a 2000 dolllar stereo was really something lol I got more in my electrical than that now and going to switch to lithium so thers another 1600 bucks and thats not even counting stereo equipment. My GF thinks I am crazy lol mybe I am ?

Well If the juice box batts are 250 each now I couldnt do that when lithium is only 175 more and I know it will out preform the juice boxes and I know the juice boxes will out preform the dekas and I would imagine that you will still need caps with the dekas maybe two banks but thats hard to say. I think its the way to go. I hear you about spending a lot on stereo ! I used to think a 2000 dolllar stereo was really something lol I got more in my electrical than that now and going to switch to lithium so thers another 1600 bucks and thats not even counting stereo equipment. My GF thinks I am crazy lol mybe I am ?
Yeah my problem is I keep buying ****. And wanting to upgrade it a few months later. I need to start cutting out all this middle **** save me some money.

Yeah my problem is I keep buying ****. And wanting to upgrade it a few months later. I need to start cutting out all this middle **** save me some money.
Oh ya ! If I talled up all the sheet I bought and burned up or just changed out to get something else it would probably be scary ! But when you first get into this your ideas of loud are one thing and after you get there there another and then soon your just like a crackhead lol do anything for more stereo ha ha ! I cant wait to see how yours works out !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.