How would I go about getting these to fit...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Get rid of the stock bracket and build your own MDF spacers. That's assuming you have enough room to clear your door panels. If the speakers are too large for your car's doors.", then cut the interior panel and add mounts to the back side of the paneling or get some different speakers, something that has a shallower mount and smaller diameter magnet.

By mounting brackets I meant the cone shaped piece of plastic that the speaker sits in? Is that what you're thinking about? Is it really needed? If I can get the speaker in the door securely with and MDF spacer is there really anything else needed to hold it in place or anything?

If you're talking about behind the speaker (in the actual door), then no it's not absolutely needed. It just acts as a cheap enclosure for the stock drivers. However, if you plan to remove that, I would strongly suggest deadening your doors.

Deaden the doors anyway. And often times you have to remove factory baffles because aftermarket speakers can sound terrible in a plastic enclosure.

Sweet so really... If the actual woofers are the same in diameter as the stock woofers, all I'd need is a mounting Bracket that screws into the door to hold the speaker... And some deadening material for the doors...

Yes. Usually aftermarket sets come with mounting brackets, however those don't always fit as needed and you may need to make your own. Also I tend to use foam in locations where two parts may rub together such as handle/locking bars within the door.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.