How will this box sound with a Dayton DSQ in it?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Link to specs on the Dayton DSQ

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-500

295-500m.jpg

Overall Diam - 12.5"

Read Depth - 6.5"

Magnet Diam - 6.5"

Cutout Diam - 11.125"

Rec. Box Size - 0.55 cu ft - 1.06 cu ft

Another box design.

8.25" mounting depth

0.8125 cu ft of internal box volume

0.0422 cu ft of volume in the cutouts

(0.8547 cu ft total)

you will be on the low side of the reccommended sealed box for that sub and you will need quite a bit of power behind it to get a full effect but the 50-100 htz range should be rocking in that box.

How big would you recommend? After some more measuring and brainstorming, I decided on this box which has 1.0274 ft^3 total internal volume and a 8.75" mounting depth

is your internal volume after the speaker displacement?? if not, then your speakers displacement needs to be subtracted from your internal volume to get the right figures.

basically, the bigger you can make that box the lower it will play. also, after you build the box, stuff it 3/4 full with polyfill or line the inside of the box with quilt stuffing (comes in a sheet about 3/4" thick). either of these will "trick" the speaker to thinking there is more airspace in the box. over stuffing the box however will actually hurt more then help. If using the poly fill fluff it good before putting it in the box.

Originally posted by pburt is your internal volume after the speaker displacement?? if not, then your speakers displacement needs to be subtracted from your internal volume to get the right figures.

basically, the bigger you can make that box the lower it will play. also, after you build the box, stuff it 3/4 full with polyfill or line the inside of the box with quilt stuffing (comes in a sheet about 3/4" thick). either of these will "trick" the speaker to thinking there is more airspace in the box. over stuffing the box however will actually hurt more then help. If using the poly fill fluff it good before putting it in the box.
No...they don't include speaker displacement which would be 0.12 ft^3

so roughly .9cuft for the sub sealed? thats pretty close to what i would reccomend (1cuft) in a tight situation like yours appears to be given box design. the poly-fil may "add" .05 cuft to what the sub sees.

sounds like a plan to me

And now I've ordered another Nak 100x2 (bridges at 400w) to power it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.