How well would this subwoofer fit in this box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trepkos
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Yes, I am looking to possibly put a 15" Fi Q in a behind-the-seat regular cab truck setup with the following box which should fit but I am not box designer.

The Fi Q supposedly sounds really good in sealed enclosures as well with ported, the mounting depth is 8", the motor diam. should be around 8"'s as well. The recommended sealed enclosure air capacity for this subwoofer is 2-2.6ft^2, this box is probably a tad bit more than 3ft^2.

The RMS of this subwoofer is 1000watts, it will be powered by a Hifonics Bxi1606d Class D mono amplifier which will probably be feeding it around 1300-1400watts on the constant.

This is a rough sketch of the box, linkage.

I sorta went from two 12" CVX's to this single 15". Can any of you experienced enclosure designers and builders break it down for me? If it is possible in that enclosure, I would go ported with a vent firing upwards.

Shoot me an email on my website, smcustomz.com, with as many details you think are necessary, and I will try to work up a design. I will let you know what kind of airspace you have once I get it together, but just by looking at the picture you linked I can't understand what you are wanting. I will get you a 3D sketch, and you can let me know if that is what you had in mind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.