How unrealistic is my goal?

Looks like no one runs the big amp Id like to run so I'm going to go with the Ampere 7500 and hope for the best.

Currently running 2 18" Zv3's in a 01 Tahoe. Truck did a 50.8 @ 42-43hz on an AB150.1

My new goal is to do a 155 with the same 18's no-wall. I'd like to use a 7500 to get there, or close to it, but will go straight to a 12k if doing it with a single 7500 isn't likely to happen

Let me know what you guys think
Its not unrealistic i went from a 44 single 18 on 1.5k to a 50 on 3.5k

Yes its not impossible , when i tested the 44 my rear passenger was completely busted out as well so it couldve threw the numbers off by alot
So you didn't gain 6dB by just adding power. You really didn't think to mention that you were missing a window?

Same reason why when I set my first goal to do a 150 and people said I would only be able to do a 148 at best, then proceeded to do a 150.8 first time on the meter. I'll get the 55 with 2 18's. It'll take box work but it'll happen

For burping, if you work hard, heck yeah you will get there man! It's hard for sure, but as long as you keep working, you'll be fine! I've been doing the spl game for a handful of years now. Just make sure you have a meter so you can test every little thing you change, write down volt drop, temp outside, shoot, humidity too if you can, temp of subs, amps, inside of car, clamp power if you can (power can change so easily once something in your vehicle moves, seen it a lot). Basically, you don't want to take any steps back and if you do, you'll have everything written to fall back on. Play around with sub and port firing orientation, port size and length, resin, sanding and rounding corners on box. When I started competing, I asked tons of people for advice. Got the same answer, just keep testing. Sure enough, my score gradually increased. Good luck to you my friend, and don't give up.

For burping, if you work hard, heck yeah you will get there man! It's hard for sure, but as long as you keep working, you'll be fine! I've been doing the spl game for a handful of years now. Just make sure you have a meter so you can test every little thing you change, write down volt drop, temp outside, shoot, humidity too if you can, temp of subs, amps, inside of car, clamp power if you can (power can change so easily once something in your vehicle moves, seen it a lot). Basically, you don't want to take any steps back and if you do, you'll have everything written to fall back on. Play around with sub and port firing orientation, port size and length, resin, sanding and rounding corners on box. When I started competing, I asked tons of people for advice. Got the same answer, just keep testing. Sure enough, my score gradually increased. Good luck to you my friend, and don't give up.
Thank you! I'm definitely going to have to buy a meter when the time comes. Like I said earlier, if I end up being close to a 55, I'm not going to fight for tenths. I simply don't have the time to worry about how I'm going to gain tenths, which I'll never be able to notice to my ear. I'll build a few boxes with different port areas. I'll obviously build the boxes with the port on the drivers side but I'm a firm believer in center ports. Oh and I only use aero ports, since I get pretty much any size flare I want for $8-15 depending on the size

Btw... I forgot to mention the 50.8 was done with a center aero port

Thank you! I'm definitely going to have to buy a meter when the time comes. Like I said earlier, if I end up being close to a 55, I'm not going to fight for tenths. I simply don't have the time to worry about how I'm going to gain tenths, which I'll never be able to notice to my ear. I'll build a few boxes with different port areas. I'll obviously build the boxes with the port on the drivers side but I'm a firm believer in center ports. Oh and I only use aero ports, since I get pretty much any size flare I want for $8-15 depending on the size
Btw... I forgot to mention the 50.8 was done with a center aero port

What size aeroport is that?? Even with 18's, it looks big..

How close is the inside of the port to the inner wall of the box? Looks pretty close from the pic,but may look way different in real life. Have you tried shortening that a few inches?

What size aeroport is that?? Even with 18's, it looks big..
It's the short box that makes the port look huge but it's only a 10" (9.8" per cube)

How close is the inside of the port to the inner wall of the box? Looks pretty close from the pic,but may look way different in real life. Have you tried shortening that a few inches?
It's closer than I'd like, about 4-5". The box is already tuned high (36hz) so I can't really shorten the port any

It's the short box that makes the port look huge but it's only a 10" (9.8" per cube)
Wow, that's not a lot of port area per cube. If you can get more port area, you will gain some SPL's. Why not do an external aero if your port length is limited?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Doug118

10+ year member
Doug118
RI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from