How unrealistic is my goal?

A 150 isn't loud. Well at least to me it's not. It's not to hard to get a 50 from the cargo area in a Tahoe but it's hard to gain db once ur at that 150db... Just drop in a 7500 amp and see where u at sealed on dash.
So what you're saying is that it's easier than most cars to get loud to a certain point, but then it becomes hard to gain once you hit 150 or so just like just about every other vehicle? In what vehicles is gaining easy above 150?

So what you're saying is that it's easier than most cars to get loud to a certain point, but then it becomes hard to gain once you hit 150 or so just like just about every other vehicle? In what vehicles is gaining easy above 150?
Crx, civic hatch,focus hatch,ford explorer, mercury mountaineer, s10 blazer etc are just a few vehicles it's easier to get louder in after the 150db point.

different enclosure will probably give you more of an increase than more power.
I think this enclosure has alot left in it. Maybe not 5db, but it does have some left

A 150 isn't loud. Well at least to me it's not. It's not to hard to get a 50 from the cargo area in a Tahoe but it's hard to gain db once ur at that 150db... Just drop in a 7500 amp and see where u at sealed on dash.
I guarantee I'll gain alot more than 2db doing from a 150.1 to a 7500. I can't even begin to estimate how much power I was getting out of that amp but it was wired to .5 and voltage dropped into the 11's. They rate it at 2900 @ 18v and wired to .25 so you can make an educated guess

And is that 50.8 sealed on dash? Cuz that's a good score if it is for that power Forsure
yes it was

Assuming your ONLY goal is to make 155 you can probably get there. It'll probably require extensive testing and re-building, pulling out panels, deadening, adding loading walls, taking out seats, etc. but you could do it if you put your mind to it.

Sealed on the dash doesn't even matter. Do you listen to music with your ear on the dash? Lol. Meter at the headrest
I compete with the truck wide open so realistically, P&P would be the style I'd meter it

Put a 7500 in it. If it doesn't do the 155 you want, put in another 7500. I just wired my AQ3500 down to .25 and went from a 148.9 to 152.5
I'll have the electrical to support 12k, but definitely not a pair of 7500's wired at .25 each. Plus, that'll be WAY more money than I want to spend on amps.

I compete with the truck wide open so realistically, P&P would be the style I'd meter it

I'll have the electrical to support 12k, but definitely not a pair of 7500's wired at .25 each. Plus, that'll be WAY more money than I want to spend on amps.
I wasn't saying run the 7500s at .25 each. Id run them at 1ohm or .5 each depending on your sub coil configurations.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Thats impressive
thanks

I wasn't saying run the 7500s at .25 each. Id run them at 1ohm or .5 each depending on your sub coil configurations.
Single amp is .5 or 2 amps I'd have to wire to .25 or 1 ohm. I know MassiveSPL didn't gain much when going from a single 8k @ .5 to a pair of 8k's @ 1ohm each

Single amp is .5 or 2 amps I'd have to wire to .25 or 1 ohm. I know MassiveSPL didn't gain much when going from a single 8k @ .5 to a pair of 8k's @ 1ohm each
Me and swift both didn't gain. That's why I sold my d1 subs and gunna buy d2 so I can wire both 8ks to half ohm. Wiring at 1ohm has to much rise and amps don't make power. They come alive at half ohm and under

King eardrums over here.

You must have some permanent hearing damage if 150 isn't loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Doug118

10+ year member
Doug118
RI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from