How unrealistic is my goal?

Doug118
10+ year member

RI
Currently running 2 18" Zv3's in a 01 Tahoe. Truck did a 50.8 @ 42-43hz on an AB150.1

My new goal is to do a 155 with the same 18's no-wall. I'd like to use a 7500 to get there, or close to it, but will go straight to a 12k if doing it with a single 7500 isn't likely to happen

Let me know what you guys think

I understand that theory but I highly doubt I can gain 6db by upping power to 8k, if the drivers and box aren't maxed out like you said

How much you can gain depends on how good or bad the current box is. If the current box is good, then getting to 155 is not doable with the current subs without a a wall. No matter how much power you throw at them. If the current box *****, you can definitely gain with a better box and more power. Not sure you would ever get 155 though.

a 155 has been done with 2 18's in a no-wall setup before but that was done with much larger subs. If I don't do at least a 54, I'll add a couple more 18's and set my goal higher

So a Tahoe on a couple thousand watts doing 50's no wall? Didn't someone say it was hard to get a Tahoe loud? LMFAO. probably the only full size SUV that gets that loud that easy

So a Tahoe on a couple thousand watts doing 50's no wall? Didn't someone say it was hard to get a Tahoe loud? LMFAO. probably the only full size SUV that gets that loud that easy
A 150 isn't loud. Well at least to me it's not. It's not to hard to get a 50 from the cargo area in a Tahoe but it's hard to gain db once ur at that 150db... Just drop in a 7500 amp and see where u at sealed on dash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Doug118

10+ year member
Doug118
RI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from