How to wire my setup.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have two Alpine Type R 10" 3000w Peak, 1000w RMS in my 300zx, gonna toss in an optima yellow top(if you have any comments on that battery please share), maybe upgrade my alt and do the big 3. Anyway, I bought an American Bass VFL-Hybrid 4480.1D(I believe...)

1 ohm Stable Digital Mono Block

4500 Watts Peak Power

2200 RMS @ 1 Ohm

The guy I bought it from on the forums suggested bridging them and getting 0.5Ohms, 1100 watts to each. I'd much rather run at 1Ohm just as it's the rated stability. My buddy says to run them in parallel, but won't this just bring it down to .5Ohm anyway? If not what will I be getting RMS. What would you suggest is the best hookup. The subs are 2ohm with jumpers for 4ohm. P.S, Anything to do less strain on the electrical system is good by me! Also, I have a 4 gauge wiring kit in there

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

I have a 0 gauge kit coming in the mail I was going to sell because I didnt want to wait for the longass shipping, so if It would help I can toss that in maybe..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.