How to tune box to 35-40hz?

BassDrop

Senior VIP Member
Hello everyone & thanks in advance. Im gonna build a box tomorrow for 2 Sundown sa8v3s. Im gonna be throwing them behind the seats. Its a wedge type box but i dont know how to tune the box. I have no Idea how to tune though. Any1 wanna chime in and help me out? The box is like 1.72 cubes minus the port area. I have nnooooo idea how much port lenght and how thick the port should be. Also incase I just make a sealed one then put an aero port what size should be the best to tune ? 3 inches?thanks

you have some missing information, we need to know, what vehicle you plan on putting this in, what amp you are running ect., do you plan on building this yourself ?
2014 Sierra single Cab. Amp is DD M1D (1,200w@12v,1,700@14.4v @1om) theyre gonna b wired @1ohm. Me & a friend arw gonna build it out of 3/4 MDF. Box is gonna b wedge type . L-45 Height 15 bottom depth 8" top depth 5" those are outside dimentions & gibea 1.72 cubes

if you slot port it you use 3/4" same thickness wood as box, if you aero port it then you can buy a premade port that you can shorten if you like, whatever your port size is, it will get deducted from your overall cubic feet of the box, if your unfamiliar with the math ( I am by no means a box wizard) then you can download a box tuning program and play with your dimensions until you get the tuning you want

2014 Sierra single Cab. Amp is DD M1D (1,200w@12v,1,700@14.4v @1om) theyre gonna b wired @1ohm. Me & a friend arw gonna build it out of 3/4 MDF. Box is gonna b wedge type . L-45 Height 15 bottom depth 8" top depth 5" those are outside dimentions & gibea 1.72 cubes
u mean 2 subs in 1.72 cf? thats not enough space unless they're 8's, my 12" sub is 1 of few thats works well under 2cf ad each.. here's port length program i use always comes out right nat as high end as other use., click round port Port Length Calculator

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.