How to shake buildings?

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
Pretty much what the subject title is asking. How much power do I need to shake buildings? Sub brand, size, rms amplifier to push. Not looking for an expensive system but I'm sure there's no such thing as a poor man's power system just open to anyone opinions to shake buildings.

Pretty much what the subject title is asking. How much power do I need to shake buildings? Sub brand, size, rms amplifier to push. Not looking for an expensive system but I'm sure there's no such thing as a poor man's power system just open to anyone opinions to shake buildings.
What do you mean by 'buildings'?

I shake and flex the large windows at my local grocery store with just 2 kickers on 500 watts wired 2 ohm in a 2.5 cf per sub sealed box. Just because your window isn't rattling, doesn't mean 50-100+ feet away will. That's the definition of long throw. Music increases over distance, depending on hz played.

Just because your window isn't rattling, doesn't mean 50-100+ feet away will. That's the definition of long throw. Music increases over distance, depending on hz played.
I'm not even going to touch this one.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif I'll shall just leave this link here and maybe that will be a good entrance to the rabbit hole....Traveling Waves

OP your best bet is a jack hammer...Is this a hypothetical scenario or do you want to really shake buildings?

it can be done isnt hard... what are you trying to do shake doors windows and misc in building or actual building...lol

What is your vehicle?

CHAD

I made my 3rd story's office building's windows shake when I arrived to work. My boss told me his windows were rattling really loud and told me to stop that sh*t or i'm getting a paycut.... This was with my DC audio 3.5k on my two hdc3 18s. Even with my current 7k I still Dont think I can flex solid brick/concrete walls yet though. Drywalls yes but even my 10 inch polk psw sub can flex drywall.

you can make a bomb cheap..
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

Nobody mentioned an earthquake?!
C'mon people!!
My first subs were a pair of Earthquake DBXI15-D's

gallery_33436_376_90998.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ekah

Senior VIP Member
ekah
hawaii
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from