How to route speaker, power, and rca cables?

Participant count
  • Participant list

imsickofweed

Senior VIP Member
Ive bought all the supplies and am ready to start routing the cables. I have 2ga welding cable for power and ground for my 900wrms pdx-v9 amp, monoprice RCAs, and 14ga speaker wire. Im going to run an extra set of speaker wire to all my doors and the sub for future expansion and problems. My rcas are black jacketed and Im not sure if they are twisted with the ground and conductors. Should I twist the channels together (the white and red)? My speaker wire is jacketed and has a slight twist in the wires already, maybe 4 turns per foot. Should I twist them more, how much more, or leave them alone? What path should the power cable take to get from the holes in the drivers side firewall to the amp under the passenger seat?

After measurement and thinking a little more, Im going to mount the amp under the drivers seat beacause there is a grounding bolt already under there. Im going to use that instead of the seat bolt and possibly making my seat lopsided. So it should be easier to route the power cable on the drivers side of the hump and the rcas on the passenger side. My speaker cables can be routed behind the amp and not have to cross the power cable. I think I got it figured out already, but maybe Im missing something? I appreciate any help or comments.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.