How to remove Alpine CDM-9821

Participant count
  • Participant list

salrider

I bought a used '97 Camry which came with Alpine CDM-9821. After browsing the net I came to know that I can connect KCM-123B cable to the CD changer port to hook up my Ipod.

Now, I need to know, how to remove the unit, so that I can plug the cable at the backside of the unit. I removed the face plate and after that I can't find any clips or nuts to be removed.

This is the pic after I removed the face plate:

Advance Thanks!!

Don't quote me any time soon, and this may sound ghetto, but I had to remove an Alpine deck from a car I bought but I didn't have the little things you shove in to unlock the tabs. So, what I did, and it worked, was to find TWO of those real small flat head screwdrivers. Not like glasses screw size, but your average small tips. I put them in the slots on the side, push each screwdriver in opposite directions, in an outward motion (left one toward steering left door, right one toward right door) and gently pull outward toward you on the screwdrivers, which SHOULD slide the deck out from the locks. I don't usually suggest anyone does it this way, but when you're in a pinch it's about all I know that works. Remember, guys are wrecking yards couldn't possibly have the correct "keys" for every deck on the market, but they always manage to pull decks from every vehicle that comes into their yards without damaging either the decks or the dashes. So there must be something that works! Heck, you should see the unlock tools I made for factory late model Ford decks! Works nice, and made from small countertop metal pie cooling racks.

Just what has worked for me. But you might want to wait for other users to reply.

That won't work...the camry is an ISO mount and uses the factory brackets to hold it in place. the only way to take it out is to remove the dash panels. You might be able to reach up from behind the unit to plug it in through the glove box or down by the pass. side floor.

Oh, sorry. You're probably right. I'm not knowledgeable on Camry's, only the Alpine deck. I was just going by the pic he posted, which shows the slits on the side. But then if the straps were correctly used, my theory wouldn't work anyway! I apologize if I sounded totally stupid, but was just offering a little of what has worked for me. Yet I've never owned a Camry so I should keep my fingers shut! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.