How to mount plexi or lexan window clean.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lbetts818

CarAudio.com Elite
New build new box. Want to do two 12x12 windows or one 12x24 window depending if I go one or two subs. Leaning towards a zv5 18 or btl neo 18 or two fu 1250 15s but rather stay with the zv5 or btl. Anyways. What do you guys use and any links for how to mount it real clean with out screw holes. Box will be stained and extra glossy. thanks Guys. And assume I need 3/4"? Or no?

There are several ways to go. If the wall you're putting the plexi in is doubled up just cut your ideal window size out of the outer layer and cut a larger hold on the inner layer (or vice versa if you want the window flush with the outside of the box). There are multiple hardware options for securing and sealing up the window. I suggest you go to Car Audio Fabrication on YT. Mark has probably 3 or 4 videos of installs focusing on the plexi. He has a ridiculous set of tools to make it easier but it'll give you some ideas for what you'd like to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.