Dc m 38

Participant count
  • Participant list

v8rngr

I have a Focus ST and I am looking to improve the sound quality, my question is is the DC M 38 a decent sub to use for the small enclosure. It only needs .75 cuft. I don't want to take up a lot of room. I am thinking of doing a fiberglass enclosure but never have built one before and I am unsure how to accurately get the air space needed and what I should tune it at to have a good bass response. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a Focus ST and I am looking to improve the sound quality, my question is is the DC M 38 a decent sub to use for the small enclosure. It only needs .75 cuft. I don't want to take up a lot of room. I am thinking of doing a fiberglass enclosure but never have built one before and I am unsure how to accurately get the air space needed and what I should tune it at to have a good bass response. Any help is appreciated.
Pends on price... For rd the $150 mark as much as I hate to say it but the Skar Audio ZVX-8v2 is hard to beat.

New? Everywhere I see it's still 180 bucks. I happen to own one, but it's in a trunk sized enclosure lol
EBay I have seen them for 165 but the skar looked just as good. I just want something small that sounds good with all music. I don't listen to just one type. I am all over the place. But I also don't want to take my whole hatch area for a sub. I was running a single solo x 10 and that box would consume my whole hatch. I have 2 and I am going to be getting rid of both soon.

St2. Do you own one.
Yes I have an ST3. The factory sony amp is a pain to get around. You have to install resistors to trick the amp into seeing a load. There is not "plug and play" fix for this yet.

Yes I have an ST3. The factory sony amp is a pain to get around. You have to install resistors to trick the amp into seeing a load. There is not "plug and play" fix for this yet.
Yeah it looks like the fosgate dsr-1 is the get around for the amp.

EBay I have seen them for 165 but the skar looked just as good. I just want something small that sounds good with all music. I don't listen to just one type. I am all over the place. But I also don't want to take my whole hatch area for a sub. I was running a single solo x 10 and that box would consume my whole hatch. I have 2 and I am going to be getting rid of both soon.
That's where I won the auction for a pair. Sold off one, and kept the other. Was far less than the 180 each dollar price tag everywhere else.

PCo6yEN.jpg

And the monster t-line enclosure...

98SRjm9.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

v8rngr

v8rngr
Peoria illinois
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef