How to match speakers and amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

Shughez12

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am trying to build a system for my boat. The speakers that were in there were no good. I currently have 4 speaker 200w /100w rms from my last boat and I have

280w rms amp
2 ohm Power Output110W x4 RMS
4 ohm Power Output70W x4

Will this amp work? Also how do I match speakers and amps? Thank you

Probably 4 ohm speakers, which will work fine on your amp. They will get 70 watts per speaker. Just a little under power, but still ok. Do you have brands of amp and speakers?
Speakers are just cheap Pyles from my last project (brand new) amp is a Soundstage. Went more budget just to get some tunes into the boat

Speakers are just cheap Pyles from my last project (brand new) amp is a Soundstage. Went more budget just to get some tunes into the boat
Nothing wrong with that at all. Pyle has been around for a while and still make decent speakers for the money. At least you have some tunes. Id be happy with that in general.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...