How to make your own distro?

woody89
10+ year member

Boing Yoing
I noticed a lot of competitors just use a metal plate for I am assuming a distro? Since most run multiple runs of wire. My question is, how would you mount this down to the car? Obivsouly putting it on the frame of the car would equal bad news. I never really looked at how they were mounted/ put together, so I have to ask.

Lexan works well, and looks good too! Use a 1/4" X 1" piece of Copper Buss bar from Your local Electric supplier, get some plastic washers from Your local Hardware store for offsets and your golden! Use a thick piece of wood or lexan so you have some meat to screw too.

Good luck!

have any pics of that airmcn_3?
im interested in seeing that

-Robin
x2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

have any pics of that airmcn_3?
im interested in seeing that

-Robin

When I get to work tomorrow I will see what I can do about pics. I am in the Pro Audio Business, (Installer) We do Large scale Churches, Stadiums, ETC... Anyhow we use the same exact thing in our Audio racks, We have a 72"X2" copper buss bar that is mounted and Isolated from a Metal rack for Grounds. We use Lexan to Isolate.

Ill get some pics for you tomorrow..

Hey does anybody know how to find out your password so I can log on at my work computer??

Chris

Thanks airmcn. Just log in and type something in for your password, then it will open a thing that says forgot your password click here.

Why not just go w/ something like the two links below? The multiple buss bar is just like what the other member described making.

Distro Post

The larger 3/8in post has a 1-3/4in long bolt. You could mount multiple ring terminals on that and it's only $4.07 for the black one.

4 Point Buss Bar

This one is $10.69 for the 3/8in terminals.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.