How To Improve Your Sound Stage for $2

After reading this:

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/faq.htm#Q8

it makes me think...

With the design below,

red = speaker

black = enclosure

The speaker produces a frequency, resulting in a pressure difference infront, and behind it.

The front frequency radiates, and when it hits the blue points (if there were no enclosure), it would see full space and decrease by 1/2 pressure.

However, with the enclosure, the rear pressure is reflected toward the front pressure, so it should double the pressure. Right?

Or does it actually completely cancel the pressure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif idk.

21b27x0.jpg

My tweeters have a 'chamber' with felt looking layers in it. (the tweets have changeable small chambers and large chambers).

Does that mean that its pointless to build an enclosure for my tweets? or should there still be enclosed space outside of the chamber?

Also, is it worth it to make some type of oval shaped walls for INSIDE of the enclosure my mids are in? (they're going into a custom fiberglass kickpod)

What results would I see if I made a tear drop shape for my mid's enclosure, and vented it into the outer door panel?

What should I put inside the enclosure? should I stuff it with poly fill or some type of water-proof felt (waterproof to prevent it from soaking up moisture and causing mold).

Ive always wanted to build a spherical subwoofer box. Glad to see it looks like it would actually be beneficial. From what I understand, the fewer parallel walls you have, the better off you are wtih standing waves...well, with a sphere, there are none, so in theory should work really well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.