How to hook up a DVC 2ohm sub to a mono amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list
If you want to go with a 1 ohm load, connect both your positive terminals on the sub together and connect both your negative together. Now run a wire from a positive terminal of your sub to your positive terminal on your amp and a wire from the negative terminal that's with the positive you ran a wire from to your negative terminal on your amp.

Or if your mono amp has 2 positive and 2 negative terminals, you could just run a wire from each terminal on your sub to the terminal on the amp (positive to positive, negative to negative)

1 DVC driver with Voice Coils in Parallel

Connecting the two voice coils of the driver in parallel (+ to +, - to -) will result in the following impedances:

Dual-6 Ohm Subwoofer: 3 Ohms

Dual-4 Ohm Subwoofer: 2 Ohms

Dual-2 Ohm Subwoofer: 1 Ohms

Dual-1.5 Ohm Subwoofer: 0.75 Ohm

DVC_Parallel_1.gif

^^^this is all assuming his amp is 1-ohm stable and his electrical can handle whatever the resulting power would be.

To run at a 4-ohm load, wire the positive of one VC to the negative of another, and the positive of the second to the negative of the first. this will put them in series. then run speaker wire from a VC to your amp as Ion said above.

Do you know the specs of the amp yet?

^^^this is all assuming his amp is 1-ohm stable and his electrical can handle whatever the resulting power would be.
To run at a 4-ohm load, wire the positive of one VC to the negative of another, and the positive of the second to the negative of the first. this will put them in series. then run speaker wire from a VC to your amp as Ion said above.

Do you know the specs of the amp yet?
DVC_Series_1.gif

yesh your diagram > me explaining //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

but I have... a grilled cheese next to me! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.