how to get 16 8ohms speakers to =8ohms

wire two in series. Do this twice. Now wire the two pairs in parallel. Repeat that 3 more time to get 4 groups of 4 speakers. Wire two sets in series. Wire the other two sets in series. Wire your series groups in parallel. Final impedance is the same as the impedance of one speaker.

wire two in series. Do this twice. Now wire the two pairs in parallel. Repeat that 3 more time to get 4 groups of 4 speakers. Wire two sets in series. Wire the other two sets in series. Wire your series groups in parallel. Final impedance is the same as the impedance of one speaker.

Holy crud...nice. Did you do this long hand? Can we see your work? LOL

Start by dividing the 16 drivers into 4 groups of 4 drivers. Wire 2 drivers in series and then parallel each of these pairs. Now each group of 4 is a 8 ohm load...

Now you have 4 8 ohm loads; do the same thing you did above and you'll get a single 8 ohm load.

just out of curiousity why in the hell would you want to end up with an 8 ohm load? last time I check most amps are 4 ohm mono stable or less so you would want to end up w/ a 4 ohm or maybe 2 ohm or even 1 ohm load but an 8 ohm, I'm a little confused what could this would do you besides what kind of subs are these if you want to wire 16 of them to 1 amp? don't tell me someone is playing with pyramid again... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

just out of curiousity why in the hell would you want to end up with an 8 ohm load? last time I check most amps are 4 ohm mono stable or less so you would want to end up w/ a 4 ohm or maybe 2 ohm or even 1 ohm load but an 8 ohm, I'm a little confused what could this would do you besides what kind of subs are these if you want to wire 16 of them to 1 amp? don't tell me someone is playing with pyramid again... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Probably trying to get some sort of insane home audio setup. 8 to 16 ohm loads are pretty common with normal home amplifiers.

dude its for school, jus a lil project read his post

he himself doesnt want to do it, its jus generic 8ohm svc subs, so i doubt hell know the type

I'm going to have to guess the extra credit wasn't for wiring subs but something like 8 ohm resistors and he just said subs to make it applicable to car audio.

What kinda school do you go to where you get extra credit for wiring up bass?
I had to make out with my teachers for extra credit...
no the question is what school do you go to to make out with the teacher:toast:

Drive the biatch:driving:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.