How to cut straight lines w/ a circular saw

roarzorz
10+ year member

lulzorz
vag
I typically use a table saw but hate running full size sheets across it so this is how I make straight cuts with the circular saw. Simply use a guide to keep the saw straight. My bro picked up this aluminum straight edge at Lowe's for a few bucks. Just make your marks and clamp it down. Of course the guide will need to be offset.

100_2072.jpg

100_2073.jpg

Happy cutting! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my only suggestion is to support the piece you are cutting off as well. You will get good results at the end of the cut.

i have a table i built just for the purpose of cutting and assembling boxes on.

DSC02613.jpg

my only suggestion is to support the piece you are cutting off as well. You will get good results at the end of the cut.
haha didn't notice that one!

bones do you use a table saw or a circular saw?

if this works so well why do you use a table saw as well? just wondering.
but thx for the info bro!
Table saws are much easier to use. You don't have to measure 1,000 times to make sure both sides are the same size (if your fence is a POS). So, it's basically just unlock, measure once, lock, measure again, cut. That's measure, mark, go to the other side, measure, mark, clamp it down, measure. Go to the other side, clamp it down, measure. Adjust if necessary, etc. Not to mention Table saws are so much easier to use.

Table saws are much easier to use. You don't have to measure 1,000 times to make sure both sides are the same size (if your fence is a POS). So, it's basically just unlock, measure once, lock, measure again, cut. That's measure, mark, go to the other side, measure, mark, clamp it down, measure. Go to the other side, clamp it down, measure. Adjust if necessary, etc. Not to mention Table saws are so much easier to use.
so true! i have been looking for a table saw! i really want one but have no cash! haha

nice!!! u think u can point me in the right direction on building a table like yours?
very easy to build .... its a simple 4' x 8' table. Most people suggest to put a table top on it but i use the runners to clamp **** down. Makes it very easy to build boxes on.

DSC02588.jpg

IMG00011.jpg

very easy to build .... its a simple 4' x 8' table. Most people suggest to put a table top on it but i use the runners to clamp **** down. Makes it very easy to build boxes on.

DSC02588.jpg

IMG00011.jpg
very cool man! im designing one up right now in sketchup! i will post a screenshot soon!

i figure i will post my design in here since it has something to do with the original post!

here is my design i came up with! Its nice and tall cuz im 6'2! haha has a slit down the middle for the circular saw!

bench.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.