How much wire do I need / installation help?

Matt6906
10+ year member

I'm installing a new system into my 06' Altima 3.5SE (no bose system)

HU: JVC KD-A815

Components: Image Dynamics CTX65cs

Comp. Amp: Cadence ZRS-1502

Subs: x2 Alpine SWR-1043D

Sub Amp: Cadence ZRS-7000D

So, I guess I'm going to go with KNU wire. I've heard great things about them, and the price is good.

I believe each amp takes 4Ga. Would it be best to run 2 4Ga wires from the battery all the way to the trunk (do you think 30' would be enough?):

Knukonceptz product detail for KOLOSSUS FLEKS KABLE 4 GAUGE RED POWER/GROUND WIRE

Knukonceptz product detail for KOLOSSUS FLEKS KABLE 4 GAUGE BLACK POWER/GROUND WIRE

I guess I need about 8' of some 12Ga for connecting my subs together and to my amp?

Knukonceptz product detail for KARMA SS 12 GAUGE SPEAKER WIRE

For the components, maybe 40' of 16Ga?

16 Gauge Speaker Wire

I have no idea what to do with the crossovers. I don't know if I need to run them active or passive, but my guess is passive considering I have a 2ch amp. Help? Lol.

Please let me know what accessories I need as well. I would attempt to name them off myself, but I'm not even sure how all this is going to be hooked up yet.

Thanks for any help, guys.

Just get an amp kit with about 16ft of power wire and use a fused distribution block. You might need a little more than the 3ft or what is given to you from the amp kit. Might as well pick up another 3ft. I usually go with the rockford or the kicker wiring because there true 4 gauge .. not like that crap they sell at wallmart for 30$. The kicker and rockford kits have more copper while the cheaper brands have more plastic. Get speed wire it"ll be better then having a lot of speaker wire its a cleaner and quicker run. The amp kit would provide the speaker wires for wiring your subs up to the amp and box you might need a tad bit more they usually come with decent enough wire.

I would like to avoid buying a kit so I don't waste money by buying too much of one thing and not enough of another. I would like to know exactly what I need and have no parts unused. I also want to achieve the best sound quality, so I'm a little partial to using a distro block. I am mainly wondering what accessories I will need (terminals, fuses, etc), and if someone could explain to me how I need to wire the crossovers, that would be great as well.

I would go with what king said and run one wire to a distribution block. If you don't buy a kit make sure you get RCA's to run to your amps along with 20-22 gauge turn-on wire. For a fuse your going to want to add up the fuses on the two amps and use that size as your main fuse within 1' of the battery (unless you go with two wire setup). as for lengths of the wire we can't tell you how much you will need you need to take a tape measure to you car a get a guess on the length and then add some because its easier to cut the wire then to have a wire to short.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.