How much power to feed a sundown e8?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Supergumby5000
5,000+ posts

Project: F350 begins...
Pullman, WA
Just lookin for people who have used the e8 before. I have 400RMS to work with on a single sundown e8, but i wont be able to moniter how it responds to the power as it breaks in (not in my car).

What kind of wattage do these things like in a ported box?

I have been told that thermally, it will take 400, but at that level you really need to watch the excursion. I have 8 of them getting about 250 each sealed, and they are very awesome with that power, I would turn the gain down if I were you. They dont take much to get going, so 400 isnt really necessary at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Specs https://www.skaraudio.com/products/vxf-15-inch-car-subwoofer
I would suggest 80 ah of yinglong lithium and a H/O alternator. I'm running 40 ah with a 320 alternator on a 3.5K and it isn't enough.
My apologies I forgot to mention what pic is what. First is sub control the 80hx blink and I got the picture as soon it it blinked 2nd pic is hpf...
Lmao I got built so long ago I dont remember honestly well not that long ago but it was 3 rebuilds ago lol
They were awesomne man. The components and Coax speakers I shoulk have kept. Theyre amps were pretty nice too. I never ran any of theyre subs...

About this thread

Supergumby5000

5,000+ posts
Project: F350 begins...
Supergumby5000
Pullman, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date