How much over RMS is ok??

efm80
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
was kinda wondering how much over the RMS rated values for subwoofers, and even speakers, you can power them with from your amplifier?? Whats the most over rms ratings people have done on here with no problems and complete success. And would you say it is best to be under, over, or at the rms power rating from amp to sub?? thanks

eddie

the woofers would be the JL W6 or W7. So definitely quality(but probably gonna be hated now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif)

eddie

i ran 700 rms on a 10 inch L5 rated at 450rms.it is 3 years old now and still bumping in my buddies car now.I'll probably put my new 15inch L5 in tonight.its rated at 750rms and i got 1215rms for it.I think as long as you dont crank the gain up on your amp,apparently running over rms is ok as long as its clean power.

i ran 700 rms on a 10 inch L5 rated at 450rms.it is 3 years old now and still bumping in my buddies car now.I'll probably put my new 15inch L5 in tonight.its rated at 750rms and i got 1215rms for it.I think as long as you dont crank the gain up on your amp,apparently running over rms is ok as long as its clean power.

orlyflaglol_2.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.