How much is too much for a single 8w7ae? Need answer fast

Antiping

As the title says, how much power is too much for a single 8w7? I have an alpine mrp m1000 but I'm not sure if thats going to be too much and if I should instead get a mrx m50 to power it. The sub will be free air mounted in the oem spot of the rear deck of my car. Thanks

As the title says, how much power is too much for a single 8w7? I have an alpine mrp m1000 but I'm not sure if thats going to be too much and if I should instead get a mrx m50 to power it. The sub will be free air mounted in the oem spot of the rear deck of my car. Thanks
You can always adjust your gains down, to create headroom in your system dude.

... really? I actually had no idea I could adjust how much wattage was going to the sub. I'll have to do that then
This is what most of us do, more power than we need, so you can have a cleaner signal from an amp with the gains adjusted down. As opposed to those that don't listen to us, and get an over hyped amp, and max out the gain and bass boost, therefor creating a square wave, and burning up schit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.