How Much Dynamat Do I Need?

Participant count
  • Participants list

legaspi89
10+ year member

Chino CA
I have a Saturn L200 2003 Sedan Car. I want to how much square feet would I need to cover which would consist of The Trunk Lid, All the top part(right after the trunk lid,) the sides of the trunk and the bottom of the trunk?

Here is the type of car I drive.

IMG_0380.jpg

Are you saying Dynamating the lid and the rest of the top portion would be enough? And the rest of the areas to dynamat wouldnt be necessary?

Take a tape measure and add up the areas you would like to cover and purchase what you are willing to pay for.I do 100% on all my rides the majority of the time

I also wanted to mention. How do I put in the dynamat when I'm dealing with clips pointed down along the trunk. Do I cut holes around these clips? Here's my picture where you can see the clips pointed downward.
Dynamat Trunk.jpg
Dynamat Trunk.jpg
Dynamat Trunk.jpg
Dynamat Trunk.jpg
Dynamat Trunk.jpg

Its so much easier to put small sheets of sound deadner on like 8"x8" or up to 10"x10" or 12"x12" rather than large pieces for me.That way I can roll and make sure that it sticks well after preping and cleaning with alcohol,.. I use a heat gun to warm up and roll on to stick better. I have ran up to 5 layers of 80 mill. before in some areas. You can cut with a sharp pair of shears or scissors to fill in gaps,.Work all four corners around them, Not hard, easy enough. Dont expect to be able to do the entire trunk in one day if you want to do it correctly and look decent/Nicely done.,unless its slapped on.

I also wanted to mention. How do I put in the dynamat when I'm dealing with clips pointed down along the trunk. Do I cut holes around these clips? Here's my picture where you can see the clips pointed downward.View attachment 18331View attachment 18331View attachment 18331View attachment 18331View attachment 18331
Looking at the pics where your amp is mounted...I recommend you place at least 3-4 washers under all four at at the minimum Caddie/ corner on the amp bolt down pegs to raise that amp off the flat surface to get some air and space between that amp and the surface, to help keep it running a little cooler as it is already hot in that trunk space.Id loom at a scroll fan (Fans are cheap!!) as well to help with the heat.keep in mind.. sealing off that trunk and its going to get warmer in there as well. Just an FYI

Another thing to add to what Dug and I are talking about is to make sure that any wholes in your firewall have the grommets intact. Take a look underneath to make sure that he trans insulation is still there. DEI has a small replacement kit I believe. I am going to try the Lizard Skin option as have read on many forums tha it provides some good heat insulation and is not as thick as some other solutions.

emi calculator gst login ifsc code

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.