How much coverage do I need?

adding substantial mass to the thin metal panels will help, especially with 100%+ coverage.

you don't get true damping, and it smells, but it will be better than nothing.

i've used the asphalt based sheets that parts express used to sell in some previous cars (8+ years ago). put a large sheet on each front door - covered the entire door. it did the job of a noise barrier but didn't stick for shyt.

if you want to lower road noise, you could use peel-n-seal, but best to put foam or carpet padding between it and the metal so it acts as a barrier. MLV is the superior option for this though.

I know I'm new on this forum, but I too can attest that although its not an ideal product and it is being used outside of its intended use, Peel & Seal does somewhat work. I've used it on my '90 Maxima to deaden some trunk rattle and it really worked. It took 2 completely layers, but at the time the Peel & Seal was only like $12 a roll, so cost wise it was preferable to the only other product out there at the time which was Dynamat.

Same here peal and seal worked for me too didn't have a meter to check for gains but it **** sure helps wih rattles...And about it not sticking if you clean properly you shouldn't have an issue, i live in florida and had it on my roof for two+ years without an issue. just my two cents

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.