How match wire colors for new stereo?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rick999

I'm installing a Pioneer DEH-S5000BT stereo in my 1997 Toyota Tercel. Not all of the colors from the two original stereo plugs match the wire colors from the new plug. Also there are two plugs that plugged into the back of the original radio but only one plug for the new stereo.

I found a video on Youtube that explains the function of each wire on the new plug. The new plug wire colors are:thicker yellow, black. longer and thicker black, blue/white(labeled "System Remote Control"), red, two purple, two green, orange/white, black/white, white, gray, gray/black. The original small plug has one of each red, white, black, yellow, and gray/white wires. The larger original plug has one of each blue, purple, pink, brown, gray, blue/white and two green wires.

Do I simply solder the matching wire colors together and trust that they serve the same purpose? The blue/white, one of the purple, one of the black, the orange/white, the black/white, and the gray/black wires on the new plug do not match any wire colors on the original plugs. How should I pair these five non-matching colors? Thanks for any replies.

I'm installing a Pioneer DEH-S5000BT stereo in my 1997 Toyota Tercel. Not all of the colors from the two original stereo plugs match the wire colors from the new plug. Also there are two plugs that plugged into the back of the original radio but only one plug for the new stereo.
I found a video on Youtube that explains the function of each wire on the new plug. The new plug wire colors are:thicker yellow, black. longer and thicker black, blue/white(labeled "System Remote Control"), red, two purple, two green, orange/white, black/white, white, gray, gray/black. The original small plug has one of each red, white, black, yellow, and gray/white wires. The larger original plug has one of each blue, purple, pink, brown, gray, blue/white and two green wires.

Do I simply solder the matching wire colors together and trust that they serve the same purpose? The blue/white, one of the purple, one of the black, the orange/white, the black/white, and the gray/black wires on the new plug do not match any wire colors on the original plugs. How should I pair these five non-matching colors? Thanks for any replies.
search google/bing for stereo wire colors or install stereo in your model car, normally find it (maybe video)..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.