how loud? Worth the money?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Adam182001
10+ year member

Nassau
Rockford Fosgate RBP1081

8" Bandpass Subwoofer Enclosure

Is bandpass good? I am limited by my parents on how big they'' let get the sub. I wont try my luck with anything bigger than 10".

How good a bass can u get from a 8" or 10 ". Should it be loud enuff to penetrate the rear seat in a chevy cavalier?

thanks

adam

if you want any REAL bass at all stay from the 8"s and go with the 10"s - the more the merrier!

which would be better, bandpass, sealed or ported? I jus want to get good bass response in my cabin, not to the pedestrians walking down the road //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif MTX T610A10" Hatchback Subwoofer

is what i had in mind. powered by the Sony ES XM-1805GX

feeding 150 W RMS.

adam

that's a good set-up for what your after...read your post in the other forum and what zane said. also audiolife listed a pretty good amp. i bring that up because sony is going to discontinue the es lineup this year, sometime. as far as 8's not producing bass i disagree! i have 8's and they shake EVERYTHING in my truck! people can hear me coming down the street,(of course i can't be on the gas or the flowmaster takes over!) sure i can't beat a comparable set of 10's but 8's CAN produce spl!

quick note... ported is louder than sealed, sealed is crisper than ported. bandpass(if i remember right) is the loudest but can be a "one note wonder" and most recommend to steer clear of bandpass!

a band pass can be the loudest and it makes a good booming sounds but it does only usually produce one constant note. ported can be louder but i have had experiences with both and the sealed box usually will out do the ported box bc with a sealed box the sub can handle more power and hit harder bc there is more pressure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.