how long should a wal-mart "everlast" battery last with 1000w rms ?

sdmtnbiker420
10+ year member

GAME 4 SALE
hey guys,

i got a walmart everlast gold battery (in my nissan pathfinder) 1.5 yrs ago

i have 2 amps, 1000w rms (combined), i did kill the batt a few times while camping and playing music with the engine off.

the batt is dead now, i havent tried an overnight charge yet, but do you think i should try and revive my batt or just spend the extra dough on a yellowtop?

Thanks in advance

That batt should be fine on 1kw if the car is on i dont care what kind of battery you have if your playing music on one battery with the car off it is going to die

That batt should be fine on 1kw if the car is on i dont care what kind of battery you have if your playing music on one battery with the car off it is going to die
x2

Who plays their stereo with their car off? And when I say that, I mean with the sub on?

When I listen to music with my car off, I am sure to flip a toggle switch I installed that turns my remote to my sub amp off. That way my battery doesn't die in 10 minutes

I've been able to play my system for 20+ min at full tilt with the car off and I don't have any eletrical upgrades //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif but then again I was only pushing 900-100w rms, with a capacitor (yes I know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif) cranked up just fine

All products have defects or downsides, I got a used 1.5 year old yellow top and used it for 6 months, then wrecked my truck.

The truck sat for 3 months and I pulled the yellowtop out, charged and tested it and found that it had a bad cell. So I am not impressed with them considering the price. I am a fan of Everstart Maxx batteries.

To the OP, your MAXX battery should have a 3 year free replacement warranty.

I also just bought the Oreilly Super Start 34/78EXTAGM battery for my park Avenue.

Its normally $140, I paid $115 with a buddy's hookup.

Its a rebadged DEKA Intimidator.

All products have defects or downsides, I got a used 1.5 year old yellow top and used it for 6 months, then wrecked my truck. The truck sat for 3 months and I pulled the yellowtop out, charged and tested it and found that it had a bad cell. So I am not impressed with them considering the price. I am a fan of Everstart Maxx batteries.

To the OP, your MAXX battery should have a 3 year free replacement warranty.

I also just bought the Oreilly Super Start 34/78EXTAGM battery for my park Avenue.

Its normally $140, I paid $115 with a buddy's hookup.

Its a rebadged DEKA Intimidator.
yeah i can get a discount on that oreillys batt also due to my wifes cousin working at a auto repair shop. how has it been?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.