How is this done?

I don't understand the question. What do you meen how is it done? Do you not understand how to build up boxes, or did you leave detail out? They just build it. Secured with bolts in to the trucks bed. What covered? the box? with carpet, vinyl, fiberglass. If you meen cover the bolts just paint them or have them in an secluded area out of sight...

I don't understand the question. What do you meen how is it done? Do you not understand how to build up boxes, or did you leave detail out? They just build it. Secured with bolts in to the trucks bed. What covered? the box? with carpet, vinyl, fiberglass. If you meen cover the bolts just paint them or have them in an secluded area out of sight...
I guess what im trying to ask is I get everything up until the vinyl (?) part. I want to know how they got the vinyl cover part on and how they secured it. They couldn't have done it from the back so how is it done? And if they did it from the front - how because I don't see any screws. Did they just use glue or what (not for the vinyl but the whole piece vinyl, mdf and all). Does that make sense?

None, actually.
Ok I get all this:

1.jpg

I don't get this. How is the MDF covered and secured. If you screw the MDF in then how would you cover it? If you cover the MDF how would you secure it. Again not from behind...so how?

2.jpg

look closer. all the pieces that are wrapped in vinal are just cover pieces. they are wrapped from the back, and probably stapled. since they are just cover pieces, i'll bet they just fit really snug...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif Nice job //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/coolflash.gif.4f9740e1268764cfe452b9259e375e3b.gif and it sounds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Ah ok I didn't know they were just laying there. I thought they would be secured some how. If someone wanted to secure them what would they do? Velcro?
I would mount plugs on the underside and have them pop into the box, kinda like the interior plastic of your car how it is mounted to the steel.

I usually try to attach trim panels as many others do as well. There are several things to use like velcro as you said. MY favorite is grill snaps ( the little ball and socket thingys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ). I have seen people use magnets as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.