How is my box design? (basic) Sketch up screen shot and Torres screen shot

Participant count
  • Participant list
nope he just doesnt know how to use the program properly. As said, most noobs dont know all the proper displacement calculations needed hence other online calculators such as RE, 12 volt or the one you used that require actual pen and paper knowledge will leave them hanging. All the calculations you did can be summed up and finished within 30 seconds to a minute tops with torres starting from scratch with just max dimensions.
CJhy3.jpg
I really should download that program. Looks like it offers a lot of features and can eliminate a page or two of scratch math.

I just recently built a single 12 box with similar dimensions.

It's 32 wide, 15 deep, 14 tall w/ 31.25 sq in of port (2.5 x 12.5) 2 cubes net after sub and 45s tuned to 32 Hz. It's built for an RE SE(v1) but would do well for a Type R I think.
i like it but you should have made those 45 by the L port much bigger. the bigger the better. other than that its excellent..

i like it but you should have made those 45 by the L port much bigger. the bigger the better. other than that its excellent..
Thank you. And I agree. I'm doing a 2 12 box now with larger 45s. On this one I kinda left them smaller I guess for the proportions (box is smallish) but the air doesn't care what size the box is. Port velocity is similar in most boxes so that's what matters.

Thank you. And I agree. I'm doing a 2 12 box now with larger 45s. On this one I kinda left them smaller I guess for the proportions (box is smallish) but the air doesn't care what size the box is. Port velocity is similar in most boxes so that's what matters.
think of it as what it is pressurizing the air mass trapped in the box and it transferring it into the port and its being "squeezed" into the port. that's exactly what happens and how you "tune" the box. the ft^3 of the port to the box ratio is how you tune it.. its the ports compliance to the boxes compliance.

the easier that pressurized air can go from the port to the box and box to the port the better off your are. remember your creating a high pressure on the rearward stroke and a low pressure on the forward stroke. so imagine the air flowing in AND out of the port in both directions..

think of it as what it is pressurizing the air mass trapped in the box and it transferring it into the port and its being "squeezed" into the port. that's exactly what happens and how you "tune" the box. the ft^3 of the port to the box ratio is how you tune it.. its the ports compliance to the boxes compliance. the easier that pressurized air can go from the port to the box and box to the port the better off your are. remember your creating a high pressure on the rearward stroke and a low pressure on the forward stroke. so imagine the air flowing in AND out of the port in both directions..
Well aware my friend. Positive and negative pressure. Most people think of subwoofers as blowing. In reality they just create waves of positive and negative pressure. It's what holds the towel up in the open window. Or hair in many cases.

Well aware my friend. Positive and negative pressure. Most people think of subwoofers as blowing. In reality they just create waves of positive and negative pressure. It's what holds the towel up in the open window. Or hair in many cases.
no offense not trying to call you stupid. just figured maybe a few others will pass here and learn something constructive.. i'm sure you have this down packed..

no offense not trying to call you stupid. just figured maybe a few others will pass here and learn something constructive.. i'm sure you have this down packed..
Oh I didn't take it negatively. My post was also meant to be directed at anyone that might not be aware. Not necessarily you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.